UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

What's the highest number of pinfalls/submissions there's ever been in one match? A Survivor Series match would have a maximum of 9, but has there ever been an Iron Man or Gauntlet match with more?

I saw a match at an FWA Academy show with fifteen falls once. It was 2 out of 3 but with a ten minute Iron Man for the third fall which finished 7-6. It was a lot better than it sounds!

I'm fairly certain NWA:TNA did the same gimmick with one of the AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn matches in the first year. 3 falls, 3 gimmicks, the last of which being an Iron Man. Whole thing ended in a draw. Because TNA.

• Paid Members

Anyone know what the plans were for Ahmed Johnson in 1996, before Ron Simmons in a blue helmet injured him? I remember he won that big #1 contender battle royal on Raw in the summer, and he was set to wrestle Faarooq at SummerSlam, but then he got hurt. By the time he came back in late '96 it seemed like the moment was lost with him. But, by him winning that #1 contender's battle royal, there must've at least been plans for a Shawn Michaels vs Ahmed Johnson title match at some point in 1996, right?

• Paid Members

What block are you in for RAW?

Seats for Raw are Block 208/H 11-12 and for Smackdown Block 106/N 10-11. They were the £50 quid tickets. Abit worried the Raw ones will be rubbish, any good? 

Anyone been to a Wrestle Force show?  

Some posters have appeared locally over the last couple of days and there's a few posts in the UK events thread - worth checking out?  Probably wont go, the local shops are usually very supportive of event posters so seeing them plastered over phone boxes and the like is a right turn off, but still curious.

Some posters have appeared locally over the last couple of days and there's a few posts in the UK events thread - worth checking out?  Probably wont go, the local shops are usually very supportive of event posters so seeing them plastered over phone boxes and the like is a right turn off, but still curious.

I feel the same.

If I see posters and flyers pasted  on phone boxes, empty shop windows, etc. then I try not to give them my money.

Put them in shop windows, on shop counters, hand out flyers on high streets etc, but don't litter the area or deface public property.

• Paid Members

Some posters have appeared locally over the last couple of days and there's a few posts in the UK events thread - worth checking out?

I went to one way back in 2007 when they were running as WrestleFest out of the Harlow Playhouse. Ridiculously good over-the-top fun.

It was more of a daft wrestling-themed pantomime than a traditional wrestling show, with UK regulars doing crazy cartoon characters, big production, big fancy entrances and soap opera-style dramatic video segments playing on the big screen. I loved it, but never made it back unfortunately.

To give you an idea, the first scene saw babyface Darren Burridge KILL the evil cyborg Domino by electrocuting him. Mad scientists (white coats, big specs, zany hair and all) then 'created' a replacement in their lab, who was revealed at the end of the main event as 7ft monster bodybuilder Tiny Iron.

But this was years ago....

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Since you mentioned his name, the next question:

Is Darren Burridge still wrestling these days?

He was doing stuff with Lucha Britannia and the London School of Lucha Libre recently, but not much else from what I know.

Works pretty much every Lucha Britannia show at Metallico, and recently wrestled for Future Pro in Surrey, too.