UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

They put WM 21 out on VHS, with the women, sumo and Hogan stuff cut.

Re. Montreal, the one thing I don't get is how and why the WWF let all that footage from the event get used in the Wrestling with Shadows film. Surely they would have jumped all over that, or was it a trade-off for breaking the creative control clause Bret had?

They'd already signed to give permission for the filmmakers to use WWE's broadcast footage of any of the shows Bret was on during the making of the documentary, so they couldn't stop that.

They did try to stop them from using the secret audio recording Bret made of the conversation with Vince, but it was done in Canada where the law says audio recording is legal as long as one party in a conversation is aware of it.

I can't find a good picture of it, but the only occasion I ever remember seeing was at the ECW Living Dangerously '98 ppv.

Sandman came out for his match with Sabu.

Sabu ran down the ramp and started laying into him.

Then a second Sabu came down and the two Sabu's started double-teaming Sandman.

It was only that point where most people realised the first Sabu was actually RVD in Sabu gear.

Not sure if this should go here or the random thoughts but... Who was the first wrestler who started doing the dropkick as a sort of 'drop-sault'? Growing up everyone seemed to throw the dropkick in one way, which was side on as if a baseball slide in the air. Now you have guys doing the 'drop-sault' which I seem to recall AJ Style doing but not sure if he was the first. There are also guys who do a dropkick and land flat on their back so they can do a kip up.

Not sure if this should go here or the random thoughts but... Who was the first wrestler who started doing the dropkick as a sort of 'drop-sault'? Growing up everyone seemed to throw the dropkick in one way, which was side on as if a baseball slide in the air. Now you have guys doing the 'drop-sault' which I seem to recall AJ Style doing but not sure if he was the first. There are also guys who do a dropkick and land flat on their back so they can do a kip up.

Paul London was the first person I saw do it, in Ring of Honor back in 2002.

How come Batista did the honours for Bryan at WrestleMania 30 and not Orton? It seems almost a no-brainer that they would have had Orton quit to blow off that story and then keep Batista strong for a singles challenge.

• Paid Members

Also maybe it ties in to them giving the fans what they want by having Bryan put down Batista, given the backlash to Dave winning the Rumble.