UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Boy, you can just see how eager Batista must be to come back, after being promised the Mania main event and world title, getting steamrolled repeatedly instead, then hitting it big as Drax and getting the Bond movie spot.

Surprised he's not lining up, ready to put over Strowman, too. So much more potential to heel douche Dave than we got in that last run...

What kind of crowd can I expect at a premier british wrestling show? Noticed they are in Larbert Saturday and have a fair amount of icw wrestlers on poster so considering walking down.

• Paid Members

Not sure if this should go here or the random thoughts but... Who was the first wrestler who started doing the dropkick as a sort of 'drop-sault'? Growing up everyone seemed to throw the dropkick in one way, which was side on as if a baseball slide in the air. Now you have guys doing the 'drop-sault' which I seem to recall AJ Style doing but not sure if he was the first. There are also guys who do a dropkick and land flat on their back so they can do a kip up.

Paul London was the first person I saw do it, in Ring of Honor back in 2002.

I first saw Paul London hit it on Perry Saturn during a squash match on WWF Metal \ Jakked in 2001.

• Paid Members

I'm fairly certain there already is one, for mobile devices anyway (nothing for PlayStations or XBoxes or Rokus as far as I know).

Might have to get it from the Japanese version of the app store, but it does exist as I've actually seen the icon on people's phone screens.

Not sure if this should go here or the random thoughts but... Who was the first wrestler who started doing the dropkick as a sort of 'drop-sault'? Growing up everyone seemed to throw the dropkick in one way, which was side on as if a baseball slide in the air. Now you have guys doing the 'drop-sault' which I seem to recall AJ Style doing but not sure if he was the first. There are also guys who do a dropkick and land flat on their back so they can do a kip up.

I first saw Paul London hit it on Perry Saturn during a squash match on WWF Metal \ Jakked in 2001.

I'm sure Doug Furnas was doing something like this in the 90s Edited by fraserbee

I'm sure Doug Furnas was doing something like this in the 90s

Doug Furnas threw a beautiful dropkick where he came back around and landed on his front, but it wasn't the "proper" dropsault in the style that Paul London did (where you don't twist around and actually do a back flip while doing the move).

Randy Orton used to do it...

If you mean which deceased wrestler wrestled for WWE most recently, I reckon it might be Roddy Piper.

He wrestled at WrestleMania 25 in 2009 which was the year after Lance Cade got fired.

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant, although I was thinking more of someone wrestling week in week out, cheers though