UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Bit late to this but...

From memory I think this was the first time he did it on TV, in the build up to Unforgiven. I think it was the first, don't hold me to that.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WfJ2TpO3_k&spfreload=10

So yeah, if they didn't think that worked, it would have been forgotten.

It was a bit earlier than that. The first time I remember Austin doing the 'What?' thing on telly was this;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tdxq_steve-austin-whips-tazz_sport

That's in the build-up to SummerSlam (I think), or maybe a bit earlier in the Invasion. The 'what?' is effective here with Austin being in full-on bully mode. Once he turned back face though and 'what?' actually became a catchphrase, man, it was fucking dire. The best bit about the whole thing then was when The Undertaker lost his rag with the crowd 'whatting' over his promo and he said something like 'the next person who says 'what?' wants to sleep with their sister'. They must've been in Arkansas or something because there was definitely, and worryingly, a smattering of 'whats?' in response.

I love the clip above though. Austin's such a prick there.

To Hugh Morrus;

Austin: Wipe that look off your face. Look at me. Who whipped your ass last Thursday?

Morrus: I was in uh...

Austin: I didn't ask you to explain something. I said who whipped your ass last Thursday?

Morrus: Y2J.

Austin: That's right. Look at ya. You're 275 pounds. Your name is Hugh Morrus. What? Your name is Hugh Morrus. What? Is that funny? Is that humorous? Are you here to make me me laugh? You're pathetic! Y2J whipped your ass. I'm ashamed of ya. Step back.

To Raven;

Austin: Who whipped your ass last week?

Raven: Saturn.

Austin: OK, here's a guy who carries around a mop. He carries a mop. What? As far as I'm concerned you should've mopped the damn ring with that lunatic. He's got a sexual relationship with a stick with a damn mop on the end of it and he whipped your ass? Am I correct? If I'm lying, you tell me I'm lying.

Raven: You're correct.

Austin: I'm what?

Raven: You're correct.

Austin: That's right I am correct. What about me? What about Raven? Quote the Raven nevermore! You want me to give you a little speech? Do you want me to? YOU SUCK! Quote Stone Cold nevermore. You make me sick.

• Paid Members

I've just found a DVD that I can't even remember buying. RF Video Presents The Lost Treasures of Pro Wrestling Volume 1.

It's a four disc set featuring mostly now sadly deceased wrestlers, both documentaries and matches. 

Anyone heard of it? Is it worth anything?

That said, it is just an RF video release and their disc skins and dvd covers were never the best anyway, it actually looks like a bootleg, but it is an official RF release. 

I've also found a couple of XPW DVDs. I guess people will always needs drinks coasters! 

• Paid Members

I've just found a DVD that I can't even remember buying. RF Video Presents The Lost Treasures of Pro Wrestling Volume 1.

It's a four disc set featuring mostly now sadly deceased wrestlers, both documentaries and matches. 

That said, it is just an RF video release and their disc skins and dvd covers were never the best anyway, it actually looks like a bootleg, but it is an official RF release. 

I've also found a couple of XPW DVDs. I guess people will always needs drinks coasters! 

You made me feel dirty for going to a paedo's site :(

http://www.rfvideo.com/losttreasuresofprowrestlingvol1.aspx

• Paid Members

You made me feel dirty for going to a paedo's site :(

http://www.rfvideo.com/losttreasuresofprowrestlingvol1.aspx

Thanks for doing so. I have seen that link before and as I thought then, "the cover on that DVD looks a lot better than mine does". 

I'm going to go with the answer then "no, it is worth fuck all!" 

Why does Summerslam 98 seem to be filmed in such dreadful quality?

Its noticeable on both the Tagged Classic DVD and the Network, it obviously doesn't hold a candle visually or audio wise with the modern HD product but even compared to shows from the era (and before it) it sounds muffled and the picture is much grainier.

Could there have been a problem with the equipment on the night?

Was Piper v Hogan in late 1996 and early 1997 really as big and sought after match as wcw made it seem on commentary and stuff?

Piper seems to get decent reactions and Hogan plays the concerned loooks well enough, but it doesnt seem a match the fans seem to be clamouring for that much. Piper v Hogan seems a right relic at that point of their careers.

• Paid Members

Sorry to pimp my own uploaded videos, but I've always been intrugued about this one. When was this Johnny B. Badd & Van Hammer video filmed? Did WCW do a show in the UK in 1991? Cheers. Bonus points to anybody that could tell me where it was filmed as well..

• Paid Members

Sorry to pimp my own uploaded videos, but I've always been intrugued about this one. When was this Johnny B. Badd & Van Hammer video filmed? Did WCW do a show in the UK in 1991? Cheers. Bonus points to anybody that could tell me where it was filmed as well..

Fin Martin mentions in his Powerslam book that he met and interviewed Badd and Hammer in June 1992 at a hotel in Leicester Square for SOW. Would that fit the timeline for the VHS release?