UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Can anyone link me to (or even post on here) an animated .gif of Bayley's reverse huracanrana on Sasha Banks from NXT Takeover please?

I've googled it and not had any luck.

Here you go:

tumblr_ntix4xVBI21uymb4eo9_400.gif

Edited by DJM

Why did Stone Cold Steve Austin start saying "what!?" Is there any story behind it? I wasn't really watching regularly apart from the PPV's at that time. Just watching Royal Rumble 2002 back and it's everywhere! In his promos and in the video packages. Was it supposed to be funny? I find it very annoying.

• Awards Moderator

Why did Stone Cold Steve Austin start saying "what!?" Is there any story behind it? I wasn't really watching regularly apart from the PPV's at that time. Just watching Royal Rumble 2002 back and it's everywhere! In his promos and in the video packages. Was it supposed to be funny? I find it very annoying.

It was during the Invasion, when he was a heel with the Alliance, so it was at least meant to be annoying - initially at least! He debuted the far more entertaining "what my watch is saying" spiel around the same time, but that one didn't catch on.

• Awards Moderator

It was during the Invasion, when he was a heel with the Alliance, so it was at least meant to be annoying - initially at least! He debuted the far more entertaining "what my watch is saying" spiel around the same time, but that one didn't catch on.

It was supposed to be an intimidation thing at first, berating someone with an interrupting "what?" every half sentence. It carried over as he turned face.

The origin is that it's something Austin did in real life to try and wind up his mates. Christian told a story on the "What?" dvd about a voicemail Austin left him late one night while he was bored and he'd be telling a story stopping every few words to say "... what?" and then carry on talking.