UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Why does Summerslam 98 seem to be filmed in such dreadful quality?

Its noticeable on both the Tagged Classic DVD and the Network, it obviously doesn't hold a candle visually or audio wise with the modern HD product but even compared to shows from the era (and before it) it sounds muffled and the picture is much grainier.

Could there have been a problem with the equipment on the night?

I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that they lost or damaged the master tape.

Appreciating that I'm in a minority, being almost exclusively a puro fan & a DVD collector to boot [as opposed to all the new methods of viewing]. Does anyone know of any reliable DVD traders, who stock current shows?  Slambamjam's still going, but isn't the cheapest and doesn't currently stock BJW [one of the Promotions I try to follow], IVP seems to have pretty much knocked downloads on the head, due to payment method issues, Ginnetty I only dealt with once & it was like pulling teeth & Lynch's catalogue was too massive & 'knock three times and ask for Irene', in terms of accessibility.

Edited by KingofSports

• Paid Members

I know it's not DVDs, but there's a guy who puts up pretty much every BJPW, DDT, Noah, AJPW, Dragon Gate, and tons of other shows, on a mixture of Dailymotion, Vimeo & Veoh accounts. I find I can watch pretty much what I want using that wonderful guy.

Slambamjam occasionally slip in ippv versions & more recently, stuff from NicoNico, which as it goes was fucking dreadful. I wouldn't have taken them for free, let alone pay $5 I did - that won't be happening again - straight in the bin. It's just a quirk of mine, but if the quality isn't best available or close too, I'm not interested. Having gone through the VHS years, I'll be buggered if I'm going to start regressing now.

Appreciating that I'm in a minority, being almost exclusively a puro fan & a DVD collector to boot [as opposed to all the new methods of viewing]. Does anyone know of any reliable DVD traders, who stock current shows?  Slambamjam's still going, but isn't the cheapest and doesn't currently stock BJW [one of the Promotions I try to follow], IVP seems to have pretty much knocked downloads on the head, due to payment method issues, Ginnetty I only dealt with once & it was like pulling teeth & Lynch's catalogue was too massive & 'knock three times and ask for Irene', in terms of accessibility.

Not sure as far as DVDs go. But Rudo Reels might be worth a look. Their prices are reasonable and their blu rays have been great thus far.

Not sure as far as DVDs go. But Rudo Reels might be worth a look. Their prices are reasonable and their blu rays have been great thus far.

Are they okay to ship to UK? Just having a look and seems to have a flat postage fee, but wants a 'state'?

Are they okay to ship to UK? Just having a look and seems to have a flat postage fee, but wants a 'state'?

Yeah, they definitely ship here fine. Any problems just email them, they are pretty easy to talk to. Just pop your county in the state box. That's what i do.

Edited by truthofsin

Not added anything to the DVD catalogue since March.