UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think it was the first SvR game. In fact, it was before I became aware of insider terms as I had no idea at the time what face or heel meant. 

The heel and face thing also pre dates SvR when it comes to being in games, remembering due to the same reasons you've said yourself. In create a wrestler in either Attitude or War Zone you were asked if you were going to be a babyface or a heel.

Edited by Bettencourt

Yeah, I think it was the first SvR game. In fact, it was before I became aware of insider terms as I had no idea at the time what face or heel meant. 

The heel and face thing also pre dates SvR when it comes to being in games, remembering due to the same reasons you've said yourself. In create a wrestler in either Attitude or War Zone you were asked if you were going to be a babyface or a heel.

Was it right that your CAW either got boos or cheers during his entrance and taunts depending on which you picked? That's a nice feature for a game of that vintage, but they could easily have used 'fan favourite' and 'villain' or something like that in stead of the old carny terms.

• Paid Members

Was there a Smackdown vs Raw game where they actually had the terms 'face' and 'heel' in it?

I seem to remember it being in one with the dreadful GM mode

I'm relatively sure that Here Comes the Pain back in 2003 had the option to switch anyone on the roster from face to heel or vice-versa.

- Does anybody know whether Wrestle Kingdom 10 will be given the same English commentary treatment as WK9?

- Is there an official figure anywhere for the number of subscribers the Network currently has?

- As somebody who can't get into WWE at the moment, what other current stuff is worth checking out that's readily available to watch online? (Besides Lucha Underground.) 

When you say network do you mean WWE? Or with the first question being about NJPW do you mean NJPW World?

The only thing I remember seeing about a subscriber count for NJPWWorld was a few months back and they said it had about 18,000 subscribers, which they seemed quite happy with as they still get a lot from TV money

WWE network they were claiming to have around 1.2million subscribers, but again was a few months back. The next time they release an official subscriber count will be in their quarter report for shareholders

Edited by WyattSheepMask

How much of an arsehole is Earl Hebner? Just read an interview with him from a few years ago and he was going on about screwing Bret over for 'the boys' and how Bret never held it against him, obviously didn't read his book

Just glad he's got that TNA hall of fame status to fall back on, watching Rock tell him to fuck off at WM 19 is even funnier now

Sorry this should've been in random thoughts

Edited by DraxSpago

I'm not sure if anyone might be able to assist but I was trying to find out where the Travelodge of ECW fame in Philadelphia is as I travel on a budget usually and thought it was be interesting, and convenient, to stay there when I'm at a show at the former ECW Arena in November but I couldn't find any Travelodge's near there online. Mr Lister thought it was this place http://www.ramada.co.uk/hotels/pennsylvania/philadelphia/ramada-hotel-philadelphia-city-center/hotel-overview which has since been refurbished/rebranded but Ramada said it never used to be a Travelodge. I know from shoot interviews that the Travelodge was/is circular and this guy also has the same hotel when referencing the ECW Travelodge http://iamthejer.tumblr.com/post/66684107619/the-travelodge-in-philadelphia-i-cannot-begin so it seems the Ramada person has it wrong but I just wondered if anyone else had any insight/clarity before I book?

Update - Ramada came back to me and said the following so it's definitely the place..

I apologize for any confusion there may be. It is possible this hotel was a Travelodge before Travelodge was a part of Wyndham Hotel Group, in which case we may not have those records. I agree it does look like the photo on the link you provided. Our records indicate it was a Days Inn prior to being a Ramada, but we don’t have information regarding what it was prior to that.

Edited by icke83

They put WM 21 out on VHS, with the women, sumo and Hogan stuff cut.

Re. Montreal, the one thing I don't get is how and why the WWF let all that footage from the event get used in the Wrestling with Shadows film. Surely they would have jumped all over that, or was it a trade-off for breaking the creative control clause Bret had?

This is probably in the wrong place but is John Cena no longer going to be on the UK tour in Nov?!  I purchased tickets for my cousin and I months ago and Cena was on the advert but I saw on the WWE tour page that he is no longer listed as attending.  Anyone know why?