UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

As much as getting embarrassed by some wearing a football shirt, right? ;)

Touche. I don't know where this idea came from, but the visual of opponents trying to get counted out or DQd (low-blowing, run ins, chairs being snatched away) just made me curious.

Imagine the bell ringing and both opponents sprinting to the back, and trying to chuck the other back in the ring.

If they did that match and it didn't end after 10 seconds on a double count-out, I'd seriously start to doubt the authenticity of wrestling.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a double count out, as the opponents would be trying to throw the other one back in the ring, and stay outside themselves to win :)

On another note, does anyone know where I can get a decent quality t-shirt with the original WWF logo. Saw one at Summerslam, and it looked great.

It screams TNA.

Win by either hanging the belt above the ladder... or managing to stay outside the ring for 10 seconds without your opponent pushing you back in, TNA proudly presents the reverse lumberjack match.

TNA also innovated the reverse battle royal. 10 men on the outside, the first two to get in the ring have a standard 1 on 1 match.

Terrible.

• Paid Members

Not sure about a battle royal, but ECW's predecessor, the TWA, had a reverse cage match which doesn't sound all that bad IMO. I've never seen it, but a group of guys scrapping around ringside with the winner being the first to climb the cage and get into the ring sounds alright to me.

This is the same company that also did a first blood battle royal. Again, I've not seen it but that one doesn't sound all that good.

I thought it was Vince's doing as a way to fuck with both competitors. Maybe they were not being fierce enough rivals or something as well, but I'm fairly sure it was just Vince being a dick and no bigger reason was given (stunners or rock bottoms could have preceded his involvement)

Pretty sure they simply chose to re-focus the angle solely on Austin and Rock. Not a bad call in hindsight! Debra being out there would have complicated the Vince angle at the end also. Wouldn't really have been as good if Austin won by hitting Rock with a baking tray over and over.