UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What was the thinking behind retiring the IC title in '02? I know they explained it on screen with Bischoff's 'One Show, One Title' promo but it just always seemed a daft thing to do with no obvious benefit

Also, the Summerslam match a day thread has reminded me of the classic Tag Title belts, when did they replace them with those hideous ones they used for the Raw brand extension era? The last team I seem to remember having them was Billy & Chuck at Mania 18

• Paid Members

Also, the Summerslam match a day thread has reminded me of the classic Tag Title belts, when did they replace them with those hideous ones they used for the Raw brand extension era? The last team I seem to remember having them was Billy & Chuck at Mania 18

I don't know exactly when the switch was made but it was while Jericho and Christian were Champions, so between October and December 2002.

• Paid Members

Cheers, God knows why they changed them, unless they thought new tag belts were going to help ratings

I think it's because Reggie Parks owned the classic designs and refused to sell them. That's the reason they replaced all other Belts during the Attitude Era. They didn't like him being able to sell the designs to other companies, like ECW. The Tag Belts were supposed to be replaced at the same time as all the rest but didn't for some reason.

Plus I think they wanted it to have more Red on them to Brand them as the RAW Belts. I don't know why they went with such an ugly design though.

Cheers, God knows why they changed them, unless they thought new tag belts were going to help ratings

I think it's because Reggie Parks owned the classic designs and refused to sell them. That's the reason they replaced all other Belts during the Attitude Era. They didn't like him being able to sell the designs to other companies, like ECW. The Tag Belts were supposed to be replaced at the same time as all the rest but didn't for some reason.

Plus I think they wanted it to have more Red on them to Brand them as the RAW Belts. I don't know why they went with such an ugly design though.

Cheers for that, makes sense I suppose

If I recall the first time I remember seeing them was No Mercy 2002, however I wasnt watching much Raw at the time so it could have been a few weeks before. They didnt have them at Unforgiven the previous month.

Could the change have been to modernise and as the new Smackdown Tag belts were going to look more like the old belts they went with a newer design for Raw? as with a lot of things until survivor series on Raw they were horrible

• Paid Members

Did anything happen to Sarge Buddy Lee Parker after that Louis Theroux documentary? Louis looked legit shaken up.

Fuck all. He even got to tag with Goldberg on PPV down the road. "Sin" (formerly Souled Out) in 2001, losing to Lexy & Buffy in what turned out to be Big Bill's last match in WCW.

Also, what happened to the AIWF featured in the show? Cheers!

The owner, if you can call him such, got put away when he was caught finger-banging his young girl. I've just made that up, but I'm willing to bet it's not far from the truth.

The actual answer is that they became a governing body for other promotions (similar to the NWA) and changed their name American Independent Wrestling Federation to the Allied Independent Wrestling Federations

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Watching Summerslam 98 for the first time in years, what's the story behind D-Lo Brown being billed from Helsinki, Finland?

He was having fun with being European Champion and being introduced as being from a different European city each week.

Watching Summerslam 98 for the first time in years, what's the story behind D-Lo Brown being billed from Helsinki, Finland?

He was having fun with being European Champion and being introduced as being from a different European city each week.

Al Snow did it best.

KOPF!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkqw0aEFGA