UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm guessing you mean matches as opposed to just appearances because that would then surely be Howard Finkel or Liking Garcia or someone of that ilk

Yep.

Someone posted recently that Sheamus passed 200 televised victories, the most in WWE history. This then got me thinking about the Ultimate Warrior and his win/loss record.

Was the Warrior ever pinned cleanly in his career. I can only think of three times that he was ever pinned (Rick Rude, Sgt Slaughter and Hollywood Hogan) but all of those were by underhanded tactics

I don't think the Warrior was ever pinned cleanly once he joined the WWF and became Ultimate.

• Paid Members

Andre the Giant beat the Warrior clean in Italy. So strange to see Warrior look so weak in a match.

I tell you what, Andre was obviously nothing to write home about once his back went, but fair play to him. He was great at knowing where the ropes were for all his moves. That boot and sit down splash was all rope assisted. At least he made the most out of what little he could do.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Does anyone know what the greatest manager of all time is up to nowadays? The Slickster? Would love to see him in another skit.

Also, where did the Lombardi gay rumour originally come from? Anyone mention it on shoots or that?

Edited by Porkchopcash

Pretty sure I've asked this before but I can't remember if it was answered or not but what was the deal with Hogan "killing" Harley Race in '87? I saw something about it once on Wrestlecrap but never understood whether it was just a line a commentator said to write Race out of the promotion or if it was an angle, Google is no help

• Paid Members

Not sure where "killing" comes from, but I assume it's a reference to an early 1988 SNME match where they did a spot with Race going for a headbutt or a splash on Hogan on a table and Hogan getting out of the way. Race fucked up his stomach when he hit the table (which didn't break) and was gone for about 9 months 

• Paid Members

Does anyone have any idea which wrestler has the most appearances on a WWF/E PPV without gaining a victory?

I was thinking Koko B Ware then recalled he was on the winning side in a Survivor Series match. Plus there are likely some more recent candidates once the 12 PPV per year era started.

There seem to be a couple of websites detailing win/loss records but all I can find are Wrestlemania specific records or more recent PPV years only.

Why I want to find out this useless fact is a mystery to me!

I've asked Mookieghana if his stats could answer that easily. I guess it depends on whether you count people who were eliminated in a Survivor Series match but their team won.

EDIT: Initial thoughts from Mookie: If you don't count UK shows, the answer is probably Jacqueline with 9 losses. If you do count UK shows, it's probably Adam Bomb on 7. In both cases, that's including Survivors Series as their teams always lost.

Edited by JNLister

Does anyone have any idea which wrestler has the most appearances on a WWF/E PPV without gaining a victory?

I was thinking Koko B Ware then recalled he was on the winning side in a Survivor Series match. Plus there are likely some more recent candidates once the 12 PPV per year era started.

There seem to be a couple of websites detailing win/loss records but all I can find are Wrestlemania specific records or more recent PPV years only.

I've asked Mookieghana if his stats could answer that easily. I guess it depends on whether you count people who were eliminated in a Survivor Series match but their team won.

EDIT: Initial thoughts from Mookie: If you don't count UK shows, the answer is probably Jacqueline with 9 losses. If you do count UK shows, it's probably Adam Bomb on 7. In both cases, that's including Survivors Series as their teams always lost.

Cheers John! Would it not be the other way round though? I can't recall Adam Bomb ever wrestling on a UK ppv.

Cheers John! Would it not be the other way round though? I can't recall Adam Bomb ever wrestling on a UK ppv.

Wiki also tells me Jacqueline won a bikini contest over Sable via disqualification at Fully Loaded 1998 (how could I forget!). It's a PPV victory but not a wrestling match. How unnecessary complicated!

• Paid Members

There where a few reasons thrown out there at the time. They had heat from Blue Meanie was 1st in WWE threw JBLs hazing. Apparently Meanie said shit online about JBL online before ONS and he Meanie was just taunting JBL in the ring during the stare down. I would say likely the last one

• Paid Members

There where a few reasons thrown out there at the time. They had heat from Blue Meanie was 1st in WWE threw JBLs hazing. Apparently Meanie said shit online about JBL online before ONS and he Meanie was just taunting JBL in the ring during the stare down. I would say likely the last one

It's probably all three to be honest. I think Meanie had called Bradshaw a bully, and Bradshaw's response was to, well, attack him for real on live PPV.

Bradshaw had a similar problem with Lance Storm, who was warning people in OVW about him. It was handbags though.