UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Not sure where "killing" comes from, but I assume it's a reference to an early 1988 SNME match where they did a spot with Race going for a headbutt or a splash on Hogan on a table and Hogan getting out of the way. Race fucked up his stomach when he hit the table (which didn't break) and was gone for about 9 months 

Cheers, found this on Youtube where it shows Harley looking remarkably like Colm Meaney in the clouds about 1:45 in

• Paid Members

Yeah savage was definitely a winged eagle guy. I know Hogan had a couple of different ones but Savage was definitely Winged Eagle as was everyone else upto Austin's first reign in 98

Remember how weird it was that the presentation ceremony that Austin crashed when Vince was going to present the belt to either Undertaker or Kane after Breakdown was actually the eagle belt in the display case? Completely anomalous to the fact Austin had been wearing a new belt and when the title eventually ended up on The Rock, it was again the new design. Just that one night, the eagle belt was back.

• Paid Members

Is that where Austin drives the zamboni to the ring? I haven't seen that full segment since it aired, only the bit where Austin dives over the top and cloths lines Vince. Honestly have no recollection of it being the Winged Eagle either

The very same.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRv1FVAvsI

• Paid Members

Yeah savage was definitely a winged eagle guy. I know Hogan had a couple of different ones but Savage was definitely Winged Eagle as was everyone else upto Austin's first reign in 98

Remember how weird it was that the presentation ceremony that Austin crashed when Vince was going to present the belt to either Undertaker or Kane after Breakdown was actually the eagle belt in the display case? Completely anomalous to the fact Austin had been wearing a new belt and when the title eventually ended up on The Rock, it was again the new design. Just that one night, the eagle belt was back.

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly the Belttalk forums) that the Big Eagle was being repaired or something. It made no sense for Vince to award the Smoking Skull Belt, which Austin had been using, to either Kane or Undertaker so they brought the Winged Eagle back for that one angle.

• Paid Members

I just skimmed through the highlights of that match, which I doubt I've watched more than once since the week it happened, and I'd completely forgotten that Austin didn't wait for his own introduction and belted Undertaker with a chair as he was coming down the aisle to start the match. It was totally logical and such a "Stone Cold" thing to do, but I'd completely forgotten about it. Probably the most interesting part of the match, to be honest.

• Paid Members

I just skimmed through the highlights of that match, which I doubt I've watched more than once since the week it happened, and I'd completely forgotten that Austin didn't wait for his own introduction and belted Undertaker with a chair as he was coming down the aisle to start the match. It was totally logical and such a "Stone Cold" thing to do, but I'd completely forgotten about it. Probably the most interesting part of the match, to be honest.

When I first got into wrestling in early 1999 I would go back and buy tapes from 97 and 98. When I saw the back of the cover for Breakdown with a fuckin' triple threat of Stone Cold vs Undertaker vs Kane I nearly shit myself with excitement. Bearing in mind that in 1999 Kane was a babyface and my favorite. The disappointment when I watched a glorified handicap match that just dragged on forever...

Edited by LaGoosh