UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Chyna would have been right up shit creek if Jarrett didnt put her over. He'd out smarted her and gotten the better of her at every turn, as well as beating up every woman they had on the roster. The angle was designed for Chyna to get one over on the man. Imagine if he'd have just walked out after slapping all those women about for months? This was before the days when women beat men every weekend on the indies. Chyna winning the IC title was a big novelty at the time. Jarrett held a lot of cards. Not forgetting of course that the money he was asking for was money he earned. It was his PPV money.

Chyna would have been right up shit creek if Jarrett didnt put her over. He'd out smarted her and gotten the better of her at every turn, as well as beating up every woman they had on the roster. The angle was designed for Chyna to get one over on the man. Imagine if he'd have just walked out after slapping all those women about for months? This was before the days when women beat men every weekend on the indies. Chyna winning the IC title was a big novelty at the time. Jarrett held a lot of cards. Not forgetting of course that the money he was asking for was money he earned. It was his PPV money.

How did they get into a position where they knew what the pay off was but without a key part under contract? Did they not expect Jeff to leave as they were smashing WCW at the time. Did Jeff change his mind due to the stuff with Austin refusing to work with him or something else much sillier?

One of the things I remembered about Chyna winning the IC belt was the stupid finish to the Good Housekeeping match. Jarrett retained the title after smacking Chyna with the belt, the match was restarted because the IC belt wasn't an item used for Good Housekeeping, then Chyna wins the title after smacking Jarrett with the guitar, a common item used for cleaning the kitchen.

• Paid Members

How did they get into a position where they knew what the pay off was but without a key part under contract? Did they not expect Jeff to leave as they were smashing WCW at the time. Did Jeff change his mind due to the stuff with Austin refusing to work with him or something else much sillier?

I think J.R just fucked up. He simply didn't realise that Jarrett's contract expired the day before the PPV, until the storyline was set up to end there.

Jarrett went to WCW for a variety of reasons. The main one was that his mate Russo jumped and promised him he'd be a top guy over there. The WWF weren't willing to make the same offer.

I'm glad Ian pointed out that Jarrett only asked for money that he felt he was owed. I've always thought it was weird that Jarrett gets shit from fans for "holding them to ransom". The WWF try to fuck wrestlers over all the time when it comes to PPV pay. Jarrett just didn't want to be the guy who was working for the competition when they were deciding who got what.

I thought at the time it was the same mistake as with Lex Luger four years earlier: his contract ended without WWF realising it.

The WWF knew Luger's contract was expiring. They tried to renew it and thought they'd come to an agreement with him, but he kept making excuses about actually signing the paperwork until that first Nitro.

• Awards Moderator

I saw Will Ospreay for the first time over the weekend at RCWA Rainham (which was a whole ton of fun by the way). Really impressed with his charisma and would love to see more. What's available of his I should catch up with?

I'm watching a bout in the WWF in 1985 between Terry Funk & Junkyard Dog, and in the montage running up to it, it shows Funk assaulting a ring assistant - trying to restrain Funk is a female referee, I didn't know that the WWF had a female referee in the mid 80's, she had blonde hair in a ponytail in the clip. Anyone know her name?

Edit: just checked, it's Rita Marie.

Edited by Glen Quagmire