UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just finished reading the RAW Files: 1997 and in the review of the first episode of Shotgun Saturday Night, there is a comment during the Flying Nuns vs Godwinns match recap that an elaborate angle was planned to switch the Nuns into the Headbangers, but this was dropped due to pressure from Christian groups.  Does anybody know what this angle would have entailed?  I have never heard about this before.

Check out Thrashers interview with Colt Cabana AOW about a mnth ago as he talks about it in more detail.

"The NWA has announced a new subscription service with over 800 hours of classic matches from the 60’s through the 80’s. It will launch July 4th, so stay tuned to NWAringside.com for more information coming soon"

I'm confused.. Doesn't WWE own all NWA footage?

• Paid Members

They own the libraries of Georgia, Calgary, Dallas, Toronto, Kansas City, Florida, Virginia, Louisiana, the Carolinas & WCW, so any NWA matches that took place in those territories they own.

There's a ton of other stuff, notably St Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Montreal, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Tennessee that they don't have. Yet.

Probably quite a lot, but the majority of it won't make them any money apart from ultra mega uber collector fans. The old Memphis library is probably the biggest US based that they still are yet to get control, but the ownership of that is all over the place. They put some Memphis on the recent Jerry Lawler set, but they had to agree fees in advance in order to use them.

There was a rumour a couple of years back that they were looking to buy the World of Sport library. Again, very much niche appeal.

A full list of what they do own can be found here - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Libraries

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yea it mentions that it's from Paul Boesch's library, so it most likely will be his Houston territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=198&v=_1EKN-IX6QY

As for the tape libraries WWE don't own, some of those are most likely to be patchy because at the time there wasn't the foresight for them to know the value of a wrestling tape library. So most promotions and the TV stations which aired their shows recorded over the master tape each week, so it's unlikely there will be any complete years of wrestling, available unless they source it from a fans VHS collection & even then quality from VHS could be questionable unless it's in prestige condition. Even when they bought the WCW/JCP library, some tapes weren't labelled, some were recorded over and such so I doubt there's actually a complete 'set' of footage from JCP/WCW either. I also read somewhere so of the master tapes were damaged and they've had to use some Home Video releases for the WWE Network. 

• Paid Members

Two grapplers are on Judge Rinder on ITV2 right now with one claiming a pump-handle slam done him in. One is called Sam and the other Steve. Any idea who these blokes are? Cheers.

ADDED: One is called Exodus.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Two grapplers are on Judge Rinder on ITV2 right now with one claiming a pump-handle slam done him in. One is called Sam and the other Steve. Any idea who these blokes are? Cheers.

ADDED: One is called Exodus.

I’m guessing Steve Morocco: https://www.facebook.com/JudgeRinderTV/videos/1554261698154970/?comment_id=1554718434775963&offset=0&total_comments=175&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D