UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator

Didn't it coincide with them going HD? So in that instance it would have been Royal Rumble 2008.

EDIT: although Wiki says the Raw before that Rumble.

Yes that's right, HD and wide-screen simultaneously, which paved the way for Blu-ray releases.

• Paid Members

On Val Venis shoot, the one where he's sat about in a Leed Rhinos shirt if I recall correctly, he runs through how he kept in shape on the road by planning meals ahead, having wheat toast and egg whites whiped up, while others would just pig out on what ever was quick and easy.

On a side note on the wresters diet thing I met Hero and Cesero in a chippy in Wolverhapton. One had chikin tika and chips and one had donna meat and chips. They were with some NOAH guys. I didn't catch what they had but they were perplexed by the lack of bins in the shop and streets it seemed.

I suppose this question is better here than anywhere else but what do WWE wrestlers eat and drink food wise? For example if they were at the 02 would the wrestlers eat food within the venue or after the show at the hotel?

Wasn't sure how strict a diet these guys are on? I know they do gym work pretty much every day and so on. Likewise how are matches planned? 

And before anyone says anything, I have no interest at all at becoming a wrestler just always wondered about that side of the business as these guys travel around a lot, are obviously in good shape and on the most part on the big side.

Seth Rollins eats Quest bars, he has dozens of boxes of them stacked up which he took a photo for all of Twitter to see.

I'm watching a Japanese football match for the first time ever as I've stuck a couple of quid on one of the teams and I noticed straight away how rowdy the crowd is, constantly chanting/cheering/banging the drums like they do in South America etc. Is it just wrestling crowds in Japan that behave in their unique way and all other sports are more like in the West (as far as crowds go)?

Was there a time when Undertaker didn't do 'old school'? I only started watching him as a regular character in 2000 and it was known as 'old school' then and I have seen him do it when I've watched early 90s stuff but I was wondering if he was doing it during his hokey cult leader days in 99 and did it ever have another name?

• Paid Members

I don't recall the move ever having an official name before it became "Old School", which was what it got christened when he was a biker in reference to it being something he'd done since the beginning.

Then again, much of that period would have been McMahon on PBP, so everything was called "Whatamanouver" anyway...

I'm pretty sure it's been a regular part of his repertoire for his entire WWF/E career.