UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I suppose using stock music was cheaper than what Bischoff did in 1999. When the likes of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and KISS doing theme music.

Has there ever been a time in history when a promotion has desperately tried to be cool and failed so miserably as early-to-mid 1999 WCW? Riki Rachtman from MTV was on there, DJ Ran was trying his best not to look a total dork, they had live bands every week, everyone on the roster (even the likes of Hogan and Savage) underwent some odd makeover where they were wearing earrings and checky shirts and of course FUBU gear. I remember they were going to have short cartoons airing in the first hour for some reason, until Bischoff got sacked.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I just wish he'd fuck off with his faux hipster hate when he's the biggest one going

I think it's intentional. Or is it Byron Saxton who is the baddie commentator? I'm always outraged by the Nathan Barley factor of Graves as well, but I assume that's what's meant to happen.

• Paid Members

I remember they were going to have short cartoons airing in the first hour for some reason, until Bischoff got sacked.

This could have been fun, but only if they were either totally non-wrestling related cartoons, or a WCW Rock 'n' Wrestling ripoff. Would have been like a Krofft Brothers show.

• Paid Members

I just wish he'd fuck off with his faux hipster hate when he's the biggest one going

I think it's intentional. Or is it Byron Saxton who is the baddie commentator? I'm always outraged by the Nathan Barley factor of Graves as well, but I assume that's what's meant to happen.

Ding ding ding! He once said "someone called me a hipster on Twitter last night and I almost spilled my craft beer all over myself"

How can you win if you are counted or disqualified?

Exactly why I asked. Has there ever been a stipulation in a match where the winner is the first person to either get disqualified or counted out? Like, on purpose. Maybe a Russo style booking. I know it's ridiculous and doesn't make sense, why I need to know.