UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just to confirm, the Wrestleforce that runs today is not the Wrestleforce that Big Benny described.

Same name and logo, nothing else.

Those shows were worth travelling for.

Sounds like these shows aren't.

I hear they drew 20 in Maidenhead and had one of the wrestlers doing ring intros from behind the curtain. No pies either.

Could be jumping to an unfair conclusion but sounds like the new owner is a bit of a shit arse.

Edit: owner is a guy called Oliver Peace (in case anyone knows or has dealt with him and wants to defend...)

Edited by Ian 86

• Paid Members

Just to confirm, the Wrestleforce that runs today is not the Wrestleforce that Big Benny described.

I hear they drew 20 in Maidenhead and had one of the wrestlers doing ring intros from behind the curtain. No pies either.

Could be jumping to an unfair conclusion but sounds like the new owner is a bit of a shit arse.

Edit: owner is a guy called Oliver Peace (in case anyone knows or has dealt with him and wants to defend...)

That's former UKFF nutter Oliver Scott.

He actually isn't a complete shitarse as a wrestler. As for anything else, I have no idea.

Edited by Big Benny HG

That's former UKFF nutter Oliver Scott.

He actually isn't a complete shitarse as a wrestler. As for anything else, I have no idea.

I don't remember him?

• Paid Members

You get that from Facebook? ;)

Which wrestler do you reckon is the man who's given the largest number of other wrestlers their career-defining match?

Michaels, Flair, Undertaker, Hunter, Cena? They've all gotta be up there. Anyone else? You can include their best angles, storylines, promos etc too but I think it'll come down to matches mainly.

Rules aren't too strict on what's defined as their 'best match'.

It's gotta be Cena for me. (In no order):

Umaga - Last Man Standing RR

Brock Lesnar - Extreme Rules

Daniel Bryan - SummerSlam

RVD - ONS (50/50 whether to put this in)

CM Punk - Money in the Bank

Edge - The one where he got AA'd through the tables on the outside. (Edge prolly had better tag matches around 2000 but this was his best singles match IMO.)

Bobby Lashley - GAB

Great Khali

Seth Rollins - Royal Rumble triple threat

You could probably throw a JBL match in there too. There's probably a load I've missed too.

Can anyone beat 9?

Going to New York for a week in January. Can anybody recommend or suggest any wrestling-based things to do/see while walking about?

Gonna have a nosey round MSG and whatnot but are the any shops/attractions etc hidden away that are worth a look? It's not high on the list of things to do, but it just struck me that with a history with wrestling the city has, there might be the odd thing to visit. Cheers.

The Hammerstein Ballroom & Manhattan Center (two parts of the same building) have a bit of history behind them. That building is right behind MSG on 34th Street.

The USS Intrepid (where Lex Luger bodyslammed Yokozuna) is still docked in the same place 22 years later, somewhere on the West side of the island.

In my first trip to New York in 1999 as a naive kid, I made sure to visit the address of Coliseum Home Video which was listed in the intro to all old WWF videotapes.

In my mind it was going to be a huge shop selling every WWF video ever made and probably lots more merchandise for me to get my hands on.

It was a completely nondescript store-front without even a sign, just a storage place.

Edited by dopper

• Awards Moderator

Gonna have a nosey round MSG and whatnot but are the any shops/attractions etc hidden away that are worth a look? It's not high on the list of things to do, but it just struck me that with a history with wrestling the city has, there might be the odd thing to visit. Cheers.

Get the MSG tour. It's ace (and ask at your hotel for discount vouchers). Keep your eyes peeled for VKM's floor plaque.