UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
What must see matches from the last 10- 15 years should try to squeeze in before it runs out? Lesnar vs Cena from Extreme Rules a few years ago sticks out in my mind.

Punk vs Cena MITB, Trips vs Taker WM27/28, Rollins vs Lesnar vs Cena RR, most Elimination Chamber matches, Bayley vs Sasha (their best two were at Takeover/the other was just after-can't remember which show), Punk vs Lesnar SS, Bryan vs Cena SS, Umaga vs Cena RR. Those should keep you going, all classics.

I'd go for some of these, if you've done all the Rumbles & Manias, just thinking the last 10 years and based only on what I've actually seen.

2005 - the Elimination Chamber (New Years Revolution) is a great drama. Batista vs Triple H in the Cell (Vengeance) is worth a watch. Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels (SummerSlam) is a one of a kind meeting, so watch it if you haven't seen it.

2006 - the Elimination Chamber (New Years Revolution) is decent with a great finish. Cena vs RVD (One Night Stand) is utterly unique.

2007 - Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels (Survivors) tells a great story.

2008 - Edge vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy (Armageddon) is worth watching for the ending alone.

2009 - Randy Orton vs John Cena (Breaking Point) for me is the best Cena/Orton match and completely compelling stuff, really taking the "I Quit" match to quite sadistic levels.

2010 - The Raw Elimination Chamber (errr.... Elimination Chamber) is full of action and has a great finish. Miz vs Daniel Bryan (Night Of Champions) is very satisfying.

Steak has hit most of the best ones of the last few years. I'd say Sheamus vs Big Show from Hell In A Cell 2012 also needs to be seen to be believed for how dramatic a match Big Show could still have at that point. Actually Reigns v Big Show Last Man Standing from this years Extreme Rules was also a belter. Don't miss The Shield's best matches either - vs Cena/Sheamus/Ryback from Elimination Chamber 2013 and against Evolution at (IIRC) Extreme Rules and Payback 2014.

That's probably more than enough.

• Paid Members

What must see matches from the last 10- 15 years should try to squeeze in before it runs out? Lesnar vs Cena from Extreme Rules a few years ago sticks out in my mind.

Punk vs Cena MITB, Trips vs Taker WM27/28, Rollins vs Lesnar vs Cena RR, most Elimination Chamber matches, Bayley vs Sasha (their best two were at Takeover/the other was just after-can't remember which show), Punk vs Lesnar SS, Bryan vs Cena SS, Umaga vs Cena RR. Those should keep you going, all classics.

I'd go for some of these, if you've done all the Rumbles & Manias, just thinking the last 10 years and based only on what I've actually seen.

2005 - the Elimination Chamber (New Years Revolution) is a great drama. Batista vs Triple H in the Cell (Vengeance) is worth a watch. Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels (SummerSlam) is a one of a kind meeting, so watch it if you haven't seen it.

2006 - the Elimination Chamber (New Years Revolution) is decent with a great finish. Cena vs RVD (One Night Stand) is utterly unique.

2007 - Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels (Survivors) tells a great story.

2008 - Edge vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy (Armageddon) is worth watching for the ending alone.

2009 - Randy Orton vs John Cena (Breaking Point) for me is the best Cena/Orton match and completely compelling stuff, really taking the "I Quit" match to quite sadistic levels.

2010 - The Raw Elimination Chamber (errr.... Elimination Chamber) is full of action and has a great finish. Miz vs Daniel Bryan (Night Of Champions) is very satisfying.

Steak has hit most of the best ones of the last few years. I'd say Sheamus vs Big Show from Hell In A Cell 2012 also needs to be seen to be believed for how dramatic a match Big Show could still have at that point. Actually Reigns v Big Show Last Man Standing from this years Extreme Rules was also a belter. Don't miss The Shield's best matches either - vs Cena/Sheamus/Ryback from Elimination Chamber 2013 and against Evolution at (IIRC) Extreme Rules and Payback 2014.

That's probably more than enough.

Also, if you're looking for a big six-man tag to break up all those singles matches a bit then I can't recommend The Shield vs The Wyatts from Elimination Chamber 14 highly enough.  The tension and drama in the short build to this match was incredible and when the night came the crowd were going nuts for these guys to knock seven shades of shit out each other and they more than delivered. One of the best tag matches of the last decade for me.

• Paid Members

Yeah..... don't know how I missed that one. It was actually that match that prompted me to go "Christ! The Shield matches!" but then managed to neglect actually mentioning it!

"You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on."

• Paid Members

They have another great on an episode of Main Event (#80 from 8/4/14)

I'll second this. It's two nights after Wrestlemania 30 and Roman Reigns cuts a really cool promo afterwards. Yes, really.

JTTS. He replaced Brian Blair, who replaced JYD. That show was a mess for substitutions.

I think the is greatly hurt by the Tag Team Survivor match. With so many involved it left the well a bit dry dor the other matches. I mean you've got Hillbilly Jim, Koko B Ware and The Rooster in the main event and then the likes of Jumpin' Jim, Danny Davis, Sam Houston and the aforementioned Scott Casey involved when the better balance comes with adding a tag team to the top 3 men in each team.