Chili Posted May 16 Posted May 16 June Sarpong hosted the Michael Jackson Seance with Derek Acorah so that's where it ended for her. You just don't get better work than that coming in. The peak. "Can you say hello to Quincy Jones for me?" Quote
deathrey Posted May 16 Posted May 16 I still have a soft spot for Alexa Chung, I think she's still pretty active on the fashion circuit but doesn't do any TV anymore. June Sarpong I think branched off in to political journalism (which I remember thinking was really random). I couldn't stand her as a presenter, something about the way she spoke/her mannerism really grated on me. She's written a few book on racial commentary too recently. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 16 Posted May 16 I only recently found out Alexa dated Alexander Skarsgård, that has to be one of the coolest couples ever. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 (edited) Carols Vorderman and Smilie were pretty ubiquitous in the 90’s if memory serves. The Friday Night Armistice did a bit (Ianucci loves this trope) of editing clips together to make them say something else, so they had this Carol Vorderman video where she says (roughly, it was 28 years ago) “Welcome to another really boring Carol Vorderman show that will really get on your tits.” Will see if I can dig it out from the YT clips. EDIT: Well that was easier than expected. 2'09 in Edited May 16 by hallicks Scott Marshall Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 16 Author Members Posted May 16 Most of the T4 lot were pretty decent weren't they? Just having a look, Miquita Oliver was only 16 when she started presenting Pop World? That's mental. Quote
deathrey Posted May 16 Posted May 16 I won't hear a bad word said about Dave Benson Phillips, he and his gurning face are synonymous with my childhood! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 16 Posted May 16 3 minutes ago, deathrey said: I won't hear a bad word said about Dave Benson Phillips, he and his gurning face are synonymous with my childhood! A festival we go to always has someone with that brings a Dave Benson Phillips flag every year and has it on a pole I. The campsite. He’s a great reference point for anyone that gets lost. “I’m near Dave Benson Phillips” or “I’ve just come past/gone past Dave Benson Phillips” never fails to get a chuckle Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 16 Author Members Posted May 16 I desperately wanted to be on Get Your Own Back when I was younger. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 2 hours ago, air_raid said: One for the RIP thread, the original Robb of RobbsCelebs (“My God… it’s full of stars”). Definitely the Bret Hart of his industry, workrate beyond compare. I was more of a TartyDoris man myself. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 16 Posted May 16 I’m pretty sure we’re summoning Mab by the way. Get those candid side pics at the ready. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 6 hours ago, TobyK said: Gary Neville I’d say that’s more recent than years back. He’s still popping up. Just wait until he becomes mayor of Manchester. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 (edited) 17 hours ago, deathrey said: Fearne suffers from really severe depression and came close to a total mental breakdown so essentially quit working to stay home with her kids till she gets herself back together. Most of the women mentioned had children and everything involved with that for women usually means your career takes a set back. She does Sounds Of The 90s on Radio 2 now. I love Jameela Jamil. She's doing such great work, not just acting but with her activism etc. Always had time for her. Plus I'm pretty sure she presented the episode of Freshly Squeezed where I first saw the video for D.A.N.C.E. by Justice. Rick Edwards was everywhere. Presents the breakfast show on 5 Live nowadays. Edited May 16 by Jazzy G Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 There was a point when Gaby Roslin was everywhere too. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted May 16 Paid Members Posted May 16 8 hours ago, Scratch said: Former pro wrestler and did it more than you might think: https://johnlisterwrestling.com/the-training-ground-dave-benson-philips-on-wrestling-as-a-celebrity-fsm-2018/ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.