Members SuperBacon Posted May 15 Members Posted May 15 This week's Dictionary Corner guest on Countdown is Rory Bremner, who seemingly hasn't updated his impressions in 30 years, and they're all still quite crap (But I did very much enjoy Bremner, Bird and Fortune despite most of it going over my head at the time) It got me thinking that I'd forgotten all about him, but he was absolutely everywhere back in the 90s/00s and then just disappeared off our tellies. Seems to be a thing doesn't it, that people are all over things, and then just not, and not necessarily for being a wrongun. Makes you think. Who have you forgotten all about that was on every bloody show? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 George Lamb was absolutely everywhere around 2010-2012, I want to say. Thank god that experiment died. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 Just now, Lorne Malvo said: George Lamb was absolutely everywhere around 2010-2012, I want to say. Thank god that experiment died. Why does George Lamb wear a bow tie? So even deaf people know he's a cunt. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 15 Author Members Posted May 15 (edited) 5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: George Lamb was absolutely everywhere around 2010-2012, I want to say. Thank god that experiment died. Yes! That's exactly the sort of thing I wanted. Until you mentioned him, I hadn't thought about him in 15 odd years. Great stuff. A real NME/Indie landfill of a presenter. Edit: this is superb. Edited May 15 by SuperBacon Wiki entry banter Quote
Chili Posted May 15 Posted May 15 (edited) Back in the day, until he had a massive breakdown and threw all his furniture into the Thames, the dictionary definition of this was Tony Slattery. Edited May 15 by Chili Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 Patrick Kielty was seemingly inescapable in the late 90s - mid 2000s Quote
Briefcase Posted May 15 Posted May 15 Adrian Chiles seemed to be on everything at one point, all the football, the one show. Amongst others. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 15 Author Members Posted May 15 1 minute ago, gmoney said: Patrick Kielty was seemingly inescapable in the late 90s - mid 2000s Bagged Amanda Byram and Cat Deeley. Fair play to him. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: A real NME/Indie landfill of a presenter. There was a real influx of this type in the late Noughties. Russell Kane, Alex Zane, and a few others whose names don't rhyme i.e. the aformentioned George Lamb. All of them just the epitome of bland soulless TV presenting. I do respect those reality TV types that just absolutely rinsed their 15 minutes of fame for every penny they could get before disappearing back into obscurity, though. The likes of Louis Spence and Wagner who would turn up on any old shit doing their schtick. Fair play. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 8 minutes ago, gmoney said: Patrick Kielty was seemingly inescapable in the late 90s - mid 2000s Does The Late Late Show in Ireland which is a massive deal. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 15 Author Members Posted May 15 5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: The likes of Louis Spence My ex trained at Pineapple Studios when she was younger and assured me that he was exactly what you saw on TV. This remains one of my all time favourite clips, always always makes me laugh. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 Hoping for a future when I can post "Romesh Ranganathan" in this thread. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted May 15 Awards Moderator Posted May 15 Paul Ross. If you watched any ‘Top 50’ countdown shows, it was always Paul sodding Ross. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 15 Paid Members Posted May 15 3 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said: Paul Ross. If you watched any ‘Top 50’ countdown shows, it was always Paul sodding Ross. Rowland Rivron seemed to be a professional talking head, I only ever saw him on countdown shows. Paul Ross has a radio show now. I forget on which station, but my dad really enjoys it and says I should listen. No thanks. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 15 Posted May 15 57 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: There was a real influx of this type in the late Noughties. Russell Kane, Alex Zane, and a few others whose names don't rhyme i.e. the aformentioned George Lamb. All of them just the epitome of bland soulless TV presenting. I do respect those reality TV types that just absolutely rinsed their 15 minutes of fame for every penny they could get before disappearing back into obscurity, though. The likes of Louis Spence and Wagner who would turn up on any old shit doing their schtick. Fair play. My class spoke to Alex Zane on a tour of MTV studios. My only takeaway was that he was obsessed with his hair and he thought The Last Crusade was the best Indy film. Neither gave me the confirmation that he’s as big a cunt in real life as I thought he was on the telly. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.