Shite matches that you love

Gus Mears

48 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

A resource for wrestling results you say 🤔 

Raidy was probably referring to himself there, as the 'Keff's resident oracle on such matters. 🤭

1 hour ago, no user name said:

I remember a match years ago between the best friends and kip sabien and miro.  I think it was called an arcade match or something. I think I thought it sounded a bit dumb. But it was brilliant. Probably in my top ten favourite matches ever. I remember one of them getting  thrown onto lego instead of thumbtacks. (Which must of hurt) kris statlander returned. It was brilliant 

The joy of this match was on here we were all like 'WTF is this' and then the match happened, Trent returned, whack a mole, the claw machine, Chuck Taylor driving Sabian though a coconut shy stand for the win and the ending image of Best Friends all celebrating pointing to Trent's mum SUEEEEEE as she waved back. 

Super feel good silly wonderful fun that made pandemic AEW such a bloody welcome relief. Best Friends have had some of my favourite AEW feel good moments ever from this to post match of the Parking Lot Brawl with Santana & Ortiz. 

• Paid Members
On 2/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

I wonder how much money they spent on this stupid contraption? The first one hilariously doesn't even have Khali in it because he got injured in the run up I think.

You know what goes great together? Big lumbering idiots and a match type that relies on athleticism.

It's back and probably in hilariously low rent indy contraption form!

GHE12gAWkAEZ4iW?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Paid Members
On 2/23/2024 at 9:46 PM, Carbomb said:

Jake Roberts vs. Rick Martel in a blindfold match. Loads of hokey fun.

The James Storm blindfold match in TNA I'd even more mental bollocks than that. Was it at the same Lockdown as had Team 3D in that electrified cage gubbins? 

I remember when I first moved to Manchester seeing my housemate had a video called "barmy wrestling" and one of the matches on it was just some Japanese lads having a scrap in a derilict house. It was properly weird stuff. 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

The James Storm blindfold match in TNA I'd even more mental bollocks than that. Was it at the same Lockdown as had Team 3D in that electrified cage gubbins? 

I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it. Was it against Roode? The electrified cage sounds familiar, but again, I don't remember the match.

• Paid Members

There's an episode of OSW Review that covers it during their Black Reign in TNA arc. It's a decent run of episodes if that kind of thing floats your boat. The blindfolds keep coming off, the ref has to do some spectacular pretending not to have seen things. It's just dreadful. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

It was, you know. When you put every match in the cage you need a raft of other bollocks going on because you've already made one gimmick less special. Other add ons to other matches were elimination rules in the X title match, Bob Backlund as a ref in "Senshi" (ugh) vs "Austin Starr" (ugh) and Harley Race as "gatekeeper" in the main event Lethal Lockdown. Was this during Russo's reign of terror? Yes it was. #Garthing

Edited by air_raid
added who was wrestling who when Bob Backlund was the ref, for the match between "Senshi" (ugh) vs "Austin Starr" (ugh) which was missing when I initially replied.

3 hours ago, Jazzy G said:

some Japanese lads having a scrap in a derilict house. It was properly weird stuff. 

There was also a weird IWA Japan deathmatch in a bathhouse that did the rounds on those tapes, just fighting while naked people are wondering what the fuck is going on.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Thought this was a thread for shite matches?

😍

Well, I thought it was great, but so many people seem to shit on it, I figured consensus was against me.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

the entire Vampiro/Sting run from the arse end of WCW. Cannot get enough of that shit, the human torch match? the graveyard match? absolutely yes mate, Fin Martin do one

nWo, I can take or leave. Nash being left to his own devices is a bore. Anything from the moment Russo turned up to the last Nitro, minus that couple of months from Sin to the reset Nitro, I could watch and enjoy any day of any week. 

One of my favourite matches of all time, often talked about by Mrs Loki as well from back when she watched wrestling, was HHH v Scott Steiner at the Royal Rumble 2003.

It was absolutely shat on at the time, but it's an amazing watch for all sorts of reasons.

Firstly, the build-up was insane.  Two ridiculously over-steroided freaks having arm wrestling competitions and pose-offs, and the crowds at this point in the Reign Of Terror were well up for Poppa Pump.  His first words back in WWE being "Gimme the fucking mic".  Great stuff.

The match itself is like something out of the 80s.  All the blame was put on poor Scotty at the time, but look at HHH!  Neither guy could move they were carrying so much muscle.  I'm willing to bet neither could touch their own nose at the time.

Still, best break out the suplexes eh Scott?  They just went for all the power moves.  And to be fair they hit some - 

c7sb9fun8zca1.gif

But Steiner's definitely lacking ring fitness and starts sucking oxygen in so hard the front row begin to pass out.  HHH is either gassed as well or sandbagging so there's a lot of almost deadweight lifts that would probably be really in nowadays.  It descends into an awkward final run and a shitty HHH reign non-finish.

You can't look away through the whole thing, it's just... wow.  I imagine these two huge egos refusing to admit limitations and just going for it.

Had they booked a 5 minute power match and gone straight to a DQ then Steiner would have looked great and they could have sold a few more PPV - the guy was a big star.  But WCW lol, so never mind.  Steiner went on to have some hugely entertaining matches in TNA, so their loss.

I could watch Scotty throw people about all day.  So much anger!