Shite matches that you love

Gus Mears

16 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Chamber of Horrors electric chair match. I watched it a couple of years back and it was still fun. As a kid I thought oh my God look at him being electrocuted. Now just watching Abdullah is hilarious. It's slow , plodding, unfollowable but I love it.

Plus the switch kept falling down every time someone so much as touched the cage so when Cactus finally climbed up someone had to go up before him on the outside to put it back up so he could pull it down and electrocute Abby. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Forget which WCW PPV it was on, but that mental Junk Yard Brawl, or whatever it was actually called.

Lost count how many times I watched it, once the VHS was available over here.

The junkyard invitational was Bash At The Beach 99 and definitely is the match I think of which had the highest number of participants go to hospital or get injuries either minor or major. Though eclipsed in % terms and potentially notoriety by that house show tag where Batista, Randy Orton and Bubba Ray Dudley all got injured.

I too bought that tape but only because I was a rabid WCW completionist. I think I watched it once, unlike Spring Stampede.

6 hours ago, kidzero said:

Love that ppv but I also love st valentines massacre 99 al snow vs hardcore holly in a river didn't Billy gun won the ic title at that ppv

Don't think the New Age Outlaws were on that card at all? The only Intercontinental run I remember for Billy Gunn was in late 2000 and he won it from Eddie Guerrero on an episode of Smackers, not at a PPV.

59 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Don't think the New Age Outlaws were on that card at all? The only Intercontinental run I remember for Billy Gunn was in late 2000 and he won it from Eddie Guerrero on an episode of Smackers, not at a PPV.

I think Gunn was the special guest referee in a match, I think the IC. I think Road Dogg was IC champ around that time, maybe that had something to do with it.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

Don't think the New Age Outlaws were on that card at all?

10 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I think Gunn was the special guest referee in a match, I think the IC. I think Road Dogg was IC champ around that time, maybe that had something to do with it.

7 hours ago, kidzero said:

Yeah that's right I think he was the one Billy Gunn by that time in '00

Whole lot of “think” in these replies, shame there aren’t resources online where these things can be checked.

Road Dogg vs Al Snow was the planned Hardcore title match for the Massacre, but according to the Observer he had to go to drug rehab. He did a stretcher job at MSG on the Saturday before the PPV which they tied in on TV mentioning he was injured, and hastily started an issue between Al and JOB Squad mate Bob Holly which resulted in their match for the vacant belt on the Massacre show. Later on TV would Bob start calling himself “Hardcore Holly”. Roadie would return on 1st March Raw, thrown straight back out on TV roughly 3 weeks after his “neck injury.”

Billy was in a triangular rivalry with Ken Shamrock who he’d unsuccessfully challenged for the ICT at the Rumble, and Val Venis who was vying for the affection of Kenny boy’s storyline sister Ryan. Mr Ass was the guest ref for Shamrock vs Venis at the PPV which had the hilarious sight of Ryan forgetting what she was doing and Ken having to obviously - visibly and audibly - tell her “slap me” on camera - with Venis picking up the win shortly after.

The aftermath of these two matches later on being a Russoriffic episode of Raw where each Outlaw won the title that the other had been persuing, which they would contest the week after title for title but go to a no contest when the various other interested parties interfered… culminating in each defending those titles at Mania XV.

What kind of name is “Ryan” for a girl anyway??

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

Whole lot of “think” in these replies, shame there aren’t resources online where these things can be checked.

Road Dogg vs Al Snow was the planned Hardcore title match for the Massacre, but according to the Observer he had to go to drug rehab. He did a stretcher job at MSG on the Saturday before the PPV which they tied in on TV mentioning he was injured, and hastily started an issue between Al and JOB Squad mate Bob Holly which resulted in their match for the vacant belt on the Massacre show. Later on TV would Bob start calling himself “Hardcore Holly”. Roadie would return on 1st March Raw, thrown straight back out on TV roughly 3 weeks after his “neck injury.”

Billy was in a triangular rivalry with Ken Shamrock who he’d unsuccessfully challenged for the ICT at the Rumble, and Val Venis who was vying for the affection of Kenny boy’s storyline sister Ryan. Mr Ass was the guest ref for Shamrock vs Venis at the PPV which had the hilarious sight of Ryan forgetting what she was doing and Ken having to obviously - visibly and audibly - tell her “slap me” on camera - with Venis picking up the win shortly after.

The aftermath of these two matches later on being a Russoriffic episode of Raw where each Outlaw won the title that the other had been persuing, which they would contest the week after title for title but go to a no contest when the various other interested parties interfered… culminating in each defending those titles at Mania XV.

Edited by kidzero

Mitsuhiro Matsunaga vs. Shadow WX in a loser has to wrestle an alligator deathmatch, the match beforehand is ok I guess and the typical kind of thing from both guys but it's the dog shit "match" vs the alligator which I love for how bad it is. Everyone is expecting something killer and you can even see the sadness in Matsunaga's eyes when out pops a literal baby animal, he's actually soft with it and does whatever he can to not hurt the poor bugger. I weirdly love the whole thing.

They made an entire tape all about it, too, which I had a bootleg VHS of.

I remember a match years ago between the best friends and kip sabien and miro.  I think it was called an arcade match or something. I think I thought it sounded a bit dumb. But it was brilliant. Probably in my top ten favourite matches ever. I remember one of them getting  thrown onto lego instead of thumbtacks. (Which must of hurt) kris statlander returned. It was brilliant 

Edited by no user name

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

A resource for wrestling results you say 🤔 

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Mitsuhiro Matsunaga vs. Shadow WX in a loser has to wrestle an alligator deathmatch, the match beforehand is ok I guess and the typical kind of thing from both guys but it's the dog shit "match" vs the alligator which I love for how bad it is. Everyone is expecting something killer and you can even see the sadness in Matsunaga's eyes when out pops a literal baby animal, he's actually soft with it and does whatever he can to not hurt the poor bugger. I weirdly love the whole thing.

They made an entire tape all about it, too, which I had a bootleg VHS of.

Japanese wrestling is probably loaded with gold plated shit, like this. 

Didn't Inoki wrestle someone on an Island?

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, no user name said:

I remember a match years ago between the best friends and kip sabien and miro.  I think it was called an arcade match or something. I think I thought it sounded a bit dumb. But it was brilliant. Probably in my top ten favourite matches ever. I remember one of them getting  thrown onto lego instead of thumbtacks. (Which must of hurt) kris statlander returned. It was brilliant 

I loved this match. Orange Cassidy battering Sabian with the whack-a-mole mallet and Statlander returning in a claw machine were two highlights, but the whole thing was brilliant.

1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I loved this match. Orange Cassidy battering Sabian with the whack-a-mole mallet and Statlander returning in a claw machine were two highlights, but the whole thing was brilliant.

I think it's good when wrestling is not serious sometimes. Not all the time but it doesn't need to make sense and be serious all the time. Last week when I went to rev pro orange casidy came out and put his hands in his pocket and the other guy kept taking them out and he kept putting them back in. It was great the crowd loved it. It's silly when you think about it but who cares