Royal Rumble ‘24 (Bossman’s Year)

Dr. Alan Grant

• Paid Members

Not much attention being paid to Punk hitting a Pedigree and then audibly saying to the commentary team "Can you believe I did that shit?!"

Prepare the contract, Tony.

10 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Chelsea Green reminds a little of Billie Kay's run a few years back - just utterly commited to the role and not afraid to show arse at all. She's great.

Agree, but it’s not necessarily a good thing for her career, given how wwe rewarded Billie!

Comedy characters get short runs, most of the time.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

watched wrestling this morning

Heh.

I too skim Watched the bits of the Wrestling that appealed to me this morning. Jordynne looked markedly different from the last time I saw her wrestle and I was pleasantly surprised they let her and Naomi show familiarity with each other. Jade was absolutely presented in a way I was happy with and now on top of the seemingly inevitable Ripley vs Lynch and Io vs Bayley, I’m actually quite keen on them find something for Jade for Mania. Belair would make sense, she’s felt a bit lost in the pack lately. There’s going to inevitably be a big clash one day on a big event between her and Rhea as the two they’ve put the biggest pushes behind of “their generation” after Ripley puts away Becky to cement them as having eclipsed those that came before, to add to her beating Charlotte and that Bianca has beating both Lynch and Sasha Banks for titles. I’d think Mania 41 for that match but in the ever changing world that’s unfolding it’s just as likely to be Sasha vs Toni Storm or something. Bayley winning was fine though I was kind of looking forward to a Damage CTRL six or eight woman at Mania.

Didnt really watch the WWE title match, just wanted it over so I could be safe in the knowledge we were right to scoff at the notion Reigns would lose the big belt to anyone but Cody or that other bloke. Equally couldn’t be bothered with the US title match in the time I had, even though the bits I saw looked fun.

Finally…. Awesome Truth shenanigans aside there’s not much I want to add about the Rumble itself. I was a bit fearful for a while that the Gunther prophecy may come true but common sense prevailed. I then watched every word Cody had to say in the presser, and I think while slightly on the hop he accidentally confirmed that it’s him vs Reigns for Mania (yes!) before hastily talking about Raw (which Roman doesn’t wrestle on) or SummerSlam or Elimination Chamber. But all in all, he’s the man and the time is now.

7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Hopefully The Rock just goes away for a bit and they play Mania with a straight bat, Punk vs Rollins and Cody vs Roman are the two best title matches they can run... so let's just do that.

Put this on my gravestone if they don’t.

2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

. I then watched every word Cody had to say in the presser, and I think while slightly on the hop he accidentally confirmed that it’s him vs Reigns for Mania (yes!) before hastily talking about Raw (which Roman doesn’t wrestle on) or SummerSlam or Elimination Chamber. But all in all, he’s the man and the time is now.

Michael Cole confirmed it after Cody won, didn't he? Cody turned and pointed at Roman and Michael Cole said "there's no doubt who Cody is going after, he's going to try and finish his story against Roman Reigns at... WRESTLEMANIA!" or something like that.

I took it as confirmed. Balls. I hope I'm not wrong.

If they do do the right thing and do Punk/Rollins and Roman/Cody, it makes Rock's crap promo the other week even weirder. Why hint at his involvement? Probably just did it himself the big sweaty egg.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Watching the women’s rumble again, and this time I noticed that after Indy and Candice both looked up at the Mania sign, Pat asked if two people had ever won before. Michael Cole said no.

Hunter also said in the presser it was the biggest gate ever for a non WrestleMania. I hope he was talking revenue, because if he was talking attendance, SummerSlam 92 wins, whether he wants it to or not.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

And was Brock originally booked to get eliminated by Dominik Mysterio?

You seem completely unwilling to accept that they might have changed who Brock was going to be eliminated by when they replaced him with Bron (reported a good day before the Rumble by the sheets).   So by your logic you think Brock was going to come in, piss his pants at the sight of Bron & Omos and throw himself out, because it’s entirely impossible they changed anything…just replaced Brock with Pat.

• Paid Members

Though it sounds mental at first glance, there'd definitely be some fun in Dominic doing the Maven-Undertaker elimination on Brock, spending several weeks boasting about it, then shitting himself when Brock demands a match at WrestleMania where you do 10 minutes of shenanigans and run ins before Brock and Dominic are be alone in the ring together and Brock absolutely mullers him.