Royal Rumble ‘24 (Bossman’s Year)

Dr. Alan Grant

Less than a week away from Michael Cole’s favourite show of the year. 

Card so far…

Roman Reigns Vs AJ Styles Vs LA Knight Vs Randy Orton.

Logan Paul Vs Kevin Owens.

Both should be decent. There’ll surely be some mad bumps in the Logan Paul match. 

Can’t really call the winner of either Rumble at this point. I still want Cody to be the man who dethrones Roman, but I don’t know how he fits in with Rocky back in the mix. Speaking of, any chance of him making an appearance here? Throw in Punk, Gunther, hopefully Lesnar and it should be one of the better Rumbles of recent years. 

Becky Lynch seems the obvious answer for the women’s, but there’s the possibility of a returning Sasha, Naomi or Liv Morgan too. 

• Paid Members

I think Bayley’s the best shout for the women. I’d guess Cody or The Rock for the men’s.

Andrade seems nailed on for a return.

The way the last few years have gone? I wouldn’t even be that shocked if MJF turns up. It would be in keeping with the way things have gone if the contract status thing wasn’t a work, MJF was a free agent, and he ended up turning up. Almost certainly won’t happen, but I’ve long since given up ruling anything out in this industry.

Can’t wait though. Rumble’s just the best, isn’t it?

Edited by Supremo

The Rumble is my favourite match of the year. Anything is possible. Which also means my anticipation and excitement is always off the scale and can rarely be matched by what's delivered. Most years that's not their fault and it's a well booked thing. It's just when your mind opens up to so many ideas.. but hey we'll see what happens this year. Should be a good one.

• Paid Members

I’m hanging my hat on Cody and Becky too. By no means is it a formality like the Nakamura/Asuka double in 2018 (nice Bunse that was, thank you Betfair) but I still think Reigns vs Rhodes and Ripley vs Lynch are the big ones.

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think Bayley’s the best shout for the women.

That would make perfect sense as a catalyst for a Damage CTRL split and Io vs Bayley at Mania, and given that Rhea vs Becky is big enough as it is without “won the Rumble” adding to Becky’s momentum. However given they’ll already have one huge title match for the women and how keen they are to give as many talents a Mania cheque as possible, I can’t get past the idea Damage CTRL will be in a multi woman tag again.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Rhea vs Becky is big enough as it is without “won the Rumble” adding to Becky’s momentum. 

Didn't they have Nia Jax knock Becky out the other week. Surely Becky's redemption arc is eliminating Jax last to win the Rumble. I agree that Becky v Rhea is a big match without the win but Becky just feels like she needs something to get her going again to get the Jax stink off her. 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

The Big Bossman joke has been dead longer than Ray Traylor.

Yeah we need to switch it up to someone who's just died, like Alistair Darling.

8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Didn't they have Nia Jax knock Becky out the other week. Surely Becky's redemption arc is eliminating Jax last to win the Rumble. I agree that Becky v Rhea is a big match without the win but Becky just feels like she needs something to get her going again to get the Jax stink off her. 

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I've quite enjoyed the Becky/Jax feud...

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think Bayley’s the best shout for the women. 

I reckon so too. It seems like a logical way to get rid of her crap stable, and Becky doesn't necessarily need the Rumble win to go after Rhea. She can win the Elimination Chamber, pinning Nia last if need be.