Royal Rumble ‘24 (Bossman’s Year)

Dr. Alan Grant

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

At least in 2005 it could've been Batista or Cena.

JBL was not going on last at WrestleMania, sorry.

• Paid Members

I have a real suspicion that they'll go down the route of Cody and Punk eliminating each other in a joint elimination, Gunther winning (maybe over Drew last or he's the one to take both Cody and Punk out at the end as they battle each other) and Rock to show up at the end of Reigns title defense.

That way they can have WrestleMania go Gunther Vs Rollins (which would never main event a night given all options) to start a show and have Gunther pelt him through the mat, Reigns vs Rock night 2 and Cody vs Punk in a grudge match at the end of night 1. There's more upside there for a Rhodes win and him to move post WrestleMania to fight Reigns at SummerSlam and "finish the story" (sorry) after beating since Reigns; Brock and Punk, maybe try and get Cena back for a one off before then, really sell Rhodes as the future. Punk can redeem himself before facing Gunther, or be a first challenger for a healthy again Rollins if he comes back to take the belt back.

Gunther can vacate the IC title and make that the main takeaway of Elimination Chamber. A 6 man chamber of Drew, Zayn, Jey Uso, Jimmy or Solo, a returning Sheamus and LA Knight would be tasty and the potential for a shake up. Can use that to tie the eventual Jimmy Vs Jey match they'll do at Mania as well.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm not a fan of the idea either but right now they've backed themselves into a corner with nobody viable to take the title from him without it looking stupid.

My preference would be Lesnar beating him for it off the motivation that its a title he's never held, then point Gunther at a World title. Gunther looks no weaker in defeat and can move on with his head held high, and the next Intercontinental champ doesn't lose out by not ending the record-setting reign of Gunther, because they get to beat Brock Lesnar for it.

Oh, and as an aside... we get to see Gunther vs Brock Lesnar.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

My preference would be Lesnar beating him for it off the motivation that its a title he's never held, then point Gunther at a World title. Gunther looks no weaker in defeat and can move on with his head held high, and the next Intercontinental champ doesn't lose out by not ending the record-setting reign of Gunther, because they get to beat Brock Lesnar for it.

Oh, and as an aside... we get to see Gunther vs Brock Lesnar.

I reckon we probably won't be seeing Lesnar on TV for a fair old while at the moment.

2 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

I reckon we probably won't be seeing Lesnar on TV for a fair old while at the moment.

I mean we saw Vince.. and we saw what happened with Jericho and TK.. so it's not completely out of the question we get Lesnar this weekend.

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

I mean we saw Vince.. and we saw what happened with Jericho and TK.. so it's not completely out of the question we get Lesnar this weekend.

From websites I've read he was due back soon, maybe even as soon as this weekend as the Rumble match is a perfect place to set up a Lesnar feud.

But it seems horrific even for the company to go and put him on screen when admittedly he hasn't been named outright, but his circumstance around his contract seem to indicate he was involved and while Jericho was rumour, Vince is someone who thinks he's invincible, you'd hope TKO heads would go "just for this weekend, stay up in the mountains".

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

13 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

But it seems horrific even for the company to go and put him on screen when admittedly he hasn't been named outright, but his circumstance around his contract seem to indicate he was involved

"Involved" is stretching what we know to this point. He sent some texts.

30 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I really hope that (still gross as it would be) that the replies from the Beast Incarnate are just the "humouring the boss/playing along" type that occasionally people have to do when their boss is a complete villain, and that he didn't actually entertain the thought of joining in with the abuse. I hoped he was better than that. I always had him pictured as the simple  "show up, do match, get paid, go back to the farm/wife/kids" type.

• Paid Members

Yeah I am probably jumping a bit too far in at the moment, and you articulated it perfectly that you kinda almost hope that it is just a "yeah Vince that's great". It just all reads so horribly that it's hard not to just think the worst at this stage.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Wrestlemania 40??? I cannot actually comprehend that is has been 10 years since the end of the streak, it’s shit getting old  isn’t it. 

Not to cover old ground again but it fries my brain that I've followed "WWE" for double the length of time I watched "the WWF" and that it's been WWE for now more than half my life.

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

"Involved" is stretching what we know to this point. He sent some texts.

I think it was established that Lesnar sent texts and was allegedly ready to get involved, but was stopped by being drunk on one occasion and a snowstorm changing his travel plans on another occasion.

Edited by Roy
added allegedly