Royal Rumble ‘24 (Bossman’s Year)

Dr. Alan Grant

• Paid Members

Yeah I was putting some of it down to the stadium not picking up the noise at times, but they were really really loud when booing Nia and during Jade’s bit. So yeah, guessing the times when they sounded half asleep they actually were. The Roman match was the weirdest. They did the “yeah” for a bit, cheered briefly when directly instructed to cheer and then went back to sitting on their hands. But then after the stacked up kick out spot there was a “this is awesome” chant. Is it awesome? You seem to be extremely bored by it. 

Throughout the show they reacted to certain moves, surprises or if a wrestler looked at them and begged them to cheer, but there were very few bits where they’d spontaneously start chanting for the babyface when the heel had the heat etc. It was apathy punctuated by  reactions to specific things, and frequently did not sound like 40,000 people at all. 

• Paid Members

I stayed up to watch it but fell asleep halfway through the men's Rumble, which I think is a decent effort. I do like them doing the PPVs on Saturdays because I don't have an early start on Sunday.

Women's Rumble - Probably the best match of the night. I have to be honest, I can take or leave Rumble matches but this one was one of the better ones even if the crowd were absolute shite through it, and all night. They probably had a better atmosphere when it was the Thunderdome. The complaints about Cargill are predictable but she hit her main spots perfectly and they presented her like a superstar. She looked awesome. Tony Khan is a fucking idiot. Jordynne Grace was obviously an interesting one, I wonder if that means a working relationship with TNA. She looked good too. I liked that they gave almost everyone something to do even if they didn't get a reaction. Indi Hartwell and Katana Chance in the same ring again as well. I'M JUST SAYING. Was that Kairi Sane elimination a blown spot? I wouldn't be surprised because she's crap. She shouldn't be doing spots like that anyway as a heel. Useless. The right, predictable winner though.

Roman Reigns vs the world - This never got going. Should have been just a wild spotfest but instead it was slow and plodding. AJ Styles looks like he's about to burst, Orton still looks like he's getting back up to pace and the ending was flat. And then there's LA Shite. A rare example of WWE not listening to the fans and being right to not do so. 

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens - Thought this would be a bit more fun than it was but it was still decent. Obviously setting up for a rematch that should be a lot better, maybe a ladder match or something so they can both do idiot spots. I'll never get over how good Paul is at this though. The cunt.

Men's Rumble - Hardly any surprises and didn't really set up many potential future feuds. The only advancement was the obvious upcoming Punk heel turn. He looked alright here even if his hair didn't. Looked like he'd stuck his fingers in a plug socket. The R-Truth stuff was superb, the guy's just a gem. Otherwise it was mediocre and nobody cared about Andrade returning. The poor sod. Maybe try punching someone again! (LA Knight) But the right winner again and just like that the Rock vs Reigns stuff goes away, and all was good with the world. And we probably get more Bloodline stuff the next couple of months too. Guess I'm watching wrestling again :(

Jordynne Grace, Jade Cargill and Rhea Ripley all on the same show. The wrestling gods have been good to me. I’ve only seen Grace in clips and on her Twitter page, but I thought she looked like a big star here. More please. 

I thought both Rumbles suffered from the repetition of “new entrant arrives, hits a few spots in the middle of the ring whilst everyone else lies around the edges”. Even worse in the women’s, where there were constant mistakes. Maxxine Dupri and Ivy Nile, I’m looking at you.

Bron looked great, I haven’t seen him since the very early days of NXT 2.0, but he’s surely way overdue for a main roster call-up. 

Grayson Waller might even be more shit than Austin Theory, if such a thing is possible.

I don’t watch Raw and Smackdown week to week, so it probably explains why I didn’t recognise 80% of the entrance music, until I saw the names on the LED screens. So bland. 

I look forward to a Rhea Ripley Vs Jade Cargill Vs Jordynne Grace Mania main event, in a muscley women slapping muscles triple threat.

Edited by Dr. Alan Grant
Spelling

• Paid Members

Jordynne Grace will be back off to TNA now. I think it was a one off, like when Mickie James was in the other year. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Jordynne Grace will be back off to TNA now. I think it was a one off, like when Mickie James was in the other year. 

Wasn't Mickie at WWE for something else though? Some documentary or HOF thing or something? There was a reason for her to be there, Jordynne just seemed to be quite a random call.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

She’s posted saying that it won’t be the last time the wwe universe sees tna. There have been rumours about a crossover for a few weeks. 

I'm gigging in Birmingham and a mate had a dropout so for a rare instance I watched a WWE show. Not watching meant ai really didn't know who a lot of people are. 

Women's Rumble was alright and had some good bits but some of it was fucking diabolical. Jade Cargill just looks so physically striking. I really like Bianca Belair. No Charlotte, apparently she's injured. Nia Jax is still absolutely terrifying to watch because I'm just waiting for her to completely muller someone out of clumsiness. I thought Chelsea (remember her doing a jilted bride gimmick in TNA) was really funny. Natalya is nan age in wrestling TV years, just been there forever. I like Bayley.

KO/Logan was alright but I detest fuck finishes, probably because I won't watch the payoff. Never watched Logan Paul before, a proper cunt but good grief he's a brilliant one in wrestling too. What a punchable man.

LA Knight feels like and looks a bit like if Rob Conway managed to get over back in the day. Meat and Potatoes worker and fuck all stood out in that match except that Steroid Testing has clearly signed an NDA.

Blokes Rumble happened. I like Cody, hope he wins. I was around a lot of unhappy people when Punk didn't win. Saw three lads in Punk shirts just sat arms crossed at the end in the pub looking very unamused. They looked like they scored nil points at Eurovision and had to sit through it all.

That ring announcer is FUCKING AWFUL. Ring announcers should not be doing that Mariah Carey 'ooouoouuouooouu' bollocks. The Fink didn't piss about.

It was just ok.

Edited by Chili
Posted accidentally before finishing typing

• Paid Members

WWE have said they were looking to bring someone in from an outside promotion as a surprise and TNA were up for it, confirmed she was available and that they were very easy to work with. And so they once again opened The Forbidden Catflap. Doesn’t seem to be any more to it than that. Guessing Timeless Toni Storm was busy in a different decade shooting a a motion picture. 

Edited by JLM

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Boooo!

2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

She’s posted saying that it won’t be the last time the wwe universe sees tna. There have been rumours about a crossover for a few weeks. 

Yaaay!

I initially thought she’d be a good fit in AEW if she left TNA, but after last night I’ve changed my mind. Get her on Raw to throw Nia Jax into space where she can’t hurt anyone.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Natalya is nan age in wres

I'm pretty sure Nattie is nan age outside of wrestling as well. At least she would be round my way. 

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the Women's Rumble, Jade Cargill looked like a superstar, Bayley's inevitable beatdown by Damage Ctrl will be amazing. 

I despise Reigns' matches. At least it wasn't interminable in length. 

Logan Paul has no right to be as good as he is. 

Bron Breakker is a freak, and I still don't like Cody Rhodes but I hope he finishes his story. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Boooo!

Yaaay!

I initially thought she’d be a good fit in AEW if she left TNA, but after last night I’ve changed my mind. Get her on Raw to throw Nia Jax into space where she can’t hurt anyone.

You could watch her on TNA like…