Paid Members Thunderplex Posted March 19 Paid Members Posted March 19 Mother’s flat has has a bit of a structural change, and has now got a built in utility cupboard in the kitchen that she is proudly referring to as the “Glory Hole”…. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 Was gonna say. Perhaps parking in that area is expensive? Quote
Doog Posted March 20 Posted March 20 Might have fancied a few drinks so left the car at home for one, there's a multitude of rational explanations for that one. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 20 Moderators Posted March 20 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Well, did you ask them why? Yes. This is a very unsatisfying story with no resolution. I'm going to have to ask you to go find out and report back please, @Ralphy! Thanks Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 I suppose we won’t find out until he starts posting again at 3am. The Ralphing Hour. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted March 28 Awards Moderator Posted March 28 Just had a tremendous day with @Wretch. He’s on the train home now. I think I broke him. Anyway. We chatted the arse off each other and in between talks of death, familial pressure, death, people being massive bellends, death, Forest fans being scabs and grasses, death, Palace being shite, the cost of weddings, death and death, we had a great day. Amongst the death talk, we chatted about my Dad’s funeral. Big laugh. I thought I’d told him about a conversation I had with a good mate a few days before we laid Jackie to rest. I hadn’t! So I had to regale it. Long story short, my head was up my arse as we got closer to Dad’s service. I was really, really struggling and I just wanted the day to sod off. But I had to get through it. My Auntie Connie isn’t good on her feet. She needs support to go from one place to the next, even if it’s a few short yards. So, I asked a mate to do me a favour. I wanted to ensure that, when the cars turned up at the funeral, people would not crowd it, get in the way or generally be a pain in the arse. We wanted Connie to be able to enter the church without any bother. The problem here, is that I misspelled cars. I put cats. He tapped me on the shoulder a few minutes before I delivered Dad’d eulogy - wondering where the cats were - cried laughing and his missus showed me the packet of Dreamies in her pocket. I wish I was messing. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted March 28 Paid Members Posted March 28 Am on a coach to chesterfield. None the wiser as to to how I got here. Just take me back to Nottingham ffs. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted March 29 Paid Members Posted March 29 Home. I am wrecked. Woke up about 40 mins ago on a coach from Liverpool to Chesterfield. Would’ve sworn blind that Frankie dropped me off at the train station. Anyways. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 29 Members Posted March 29 (edited) My old man still winning national competitions at 69, the mad sod. Bench press this time. Edited March 29 by SuperBacon He's 69 LOLOLOLOLOL not 68 apparently Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 10 Author Paid Members Posted April 10 My dad bought my mum a stepladder for their 50th anniversary. Meanwhile, my racist auntie said "I haven't seen the moon for a few days and I think it's to do with that shuttle landing on it." Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 10 Paid Members Posted April 10 56 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: My dad bought my mum a stepladder for their 50th anniversary. My nan (on my dad's side) once got my mum a bag of pegs for Christmas. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 my brother is doing more family history stuff, unearthing a lot of wrong-uns in the nineteenth and early twentieth century - basically seems like before my great-grandma cut off ties with her family, the whole lot of them were a bunch of reprobates. My favourite had been a newspaper report about some distant great-aunt getting charged five pounds for drunken behaviour, and the judge admitting that she probably wouldn't pay it as she still hadn't paid the last three, but that was topped by a nineteenth century birth certificate in which the father's name is listed as "Heaven knows". Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 Anyone been following the fuel protest over in Ireland? Quick summary in the spoiler below for those who haven't . . . Spoiler Various independent farmers, hauliers etc banded together to essentially shut down Ireland's motorways and fuel refinery and import sites with blockades in response to rising fuel prices. They demanded a meeting with the government who initially refused until all blockades were removed. Many forecourts in the country have already ran out of fuel and it has quickly approached crisis level. My Ma's been out with her pals feeding and watering the protestors. Delighted with herself. Up the Ma's Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.