This angle might actually be one of the smartest things AEW have done in a long, long time.

Think what you want about Tony Khan, the Elite, Jack Perry, backstage footage... I've seen constant coverage from the NFL, on Draft Week, about AEW and Tony taking a piledriver. When was the last time outlets of that magnitude paid attention to AEW? Perfect timing for some fun mainstream attention that AEW has been sorely lacking through its existence.

19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Him telling the fans to fuck off at the end, daring them to jump the rail? Top stuff. I’d love to go back and watch some of his heel work with HOOK last Summer because this feels night and day. Felt like he was badly playing a character back then, whereas now it’s way more authentic. Probably because it’s grounded in reality where - based on the All In footage - he did get fucked over. Legitimately. Eight months suspended because he gave CM Punk an opening to throw a cheap sucker punch whilst he brushed his beautiful hair out of his own face. What an injustice.

Sucker punch or not, that footage showed a pro wrestler that absolutely could not handle themselves in the slightest in an actual fight. Like the anti-Haku.

Him daring fans to jump the rail is laughable, because any one of them could hand him his arse easily. Except maybe children under the age of 10. Then it's a coin flip.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Him daring fans to jump the rail is laughable, because any one of them could hand him his arse easily.

As should be the case with any annoying little bastard heel. If you're a little guy and you're a heel no one should believe you are genuinely tough, it's all about them being sneaky, cheating, being cowardly, hiding behind bigger mates and using every corner cutting dastardly trick in the book to get the advantage on their opponents.

Just now, LaGoosh said:

As should be the case with any annoying little bastard heel. If you're a little guy and you're a heel no one should believe you are genuinely tough, it's all about them being sneaky, cheating, being cowardly, hiding behind bigger mates and using every corner cutting dastardly trick in the book to get the advantage on their opponents.

Fair point. If that's what they're going for, I'm on board. I thought he was genuinely trying to be a hard bastard, which sent me, considering... well, everything I've ever seen from Perry or thought about him. Even if we never saw the footage. Just look at the fucker.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

We’re back. What a business.

"I prayed for this, and it happened".  He even does the "I'm on TV, fake sip of my drink".  I'm loving this angle, it's the sort of fun stuff that only wrestling can do.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Cross ref : Syxx.