47 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I found that conversation really weird. Because I felt his presentation in 2020/21 as the belt collector was similar in some ways to how Roman was presented. Minimal matches, taken as a serious threat, presented as a huge deal.

Yeah same. If anyone's been presented like that, it's definitely him at that point.

I know it’s likely that Hangman comes back to save the day and team with Kenny but I think it would be a massive shame to waste all that great work they did on turning him in to a believable heel. I also don’t like to see the Bucks as the main big bad and a moustachioed shit bag Hangman repositioning himself with the EVP’s could lead to a great Stone Cold Swerve Strickland vs evil overlords angle. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I know it’s likely that Hangman comes back to save the day and team with Kenny but I think it would be a massive shame to waste all that great work they did on turning him in to a believable heel. I also don’t like to see the Bucks as the main big bad and a moustachioed shit bag Hangman repositioning himself with the EVP’s could lead to a great Stone Cold Swerve Strickland vs evil overlords angle. 

I actually think Hangman comes back to aslign himself with The Elite. Remember that Kenny was fired, Hangman was suspended and his at home watching the man who invaded his home now the companies babyface, Also, they could lean into (hopefully without harping on too much) that like Jack Perry, he was also a victim of Phil Brookes. Blood and guts is often 5 v 5. 

I suppose this is the best/worst place for it. Ethan Page has finished up with AEW/ROH. Always seemed to make the best of whatever chance he got, which were few and far between at the end. Reuniting MOTY at Final Battle and then doing nothing with it. The ROH TV title hunt that never really went anywhere.

He's been back vlogging more, doing indies, and running his own promotion this year. Never seen like someone happy just collecting a pay cheque. I could see him end up back in TNA.

• Paid Members

No huge loss. Page is a guy who's good at lots of stuff but not great at anything. Men of The Year were a good use of him but it seems like the company has no interest in using Scorpio Sky so I don't really know what else they could have done with him when you have so many other guys with more to offer fighting for TV time.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

That Shibata vs Jericho match was brilliant! Laughing my head off at Shibata hulking up with the bin on his head.

Swerve vs Christian is going to be a lot of fun.

Bit sad to see Ethan Page go, but he's one of those that is a victim of AEW having a huge stacked roster. He had a decent run (his I Quit match against Nese was excellent and the American Top Team stuff was fun), but it's a shame that he seemed to spend about 2 years drowning in the Hardys Lake Of Contractual Bullshit.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Page is a guy who's good at lots of stuff but not great at anything.

Can’t say I agree with that assessment, he’s an excellent promo, and with that in mind I’d certainly class him as a missed opportunity, albeit not one that will hurt AEW in any way. Unless he and Sky actively hate one another, I’m amazed they didn’t bring back Men of the Year to bolster the tag division. 

4 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

He's been back vlogging more, doing indies, and running his own promotion this year. Never seen like someone happy just collecting a pay cheque. I could see him end up back in TNA.

Perhaps, but given his friendship with Cody, I wonder if WWE might take a shot at making something of him. I don’t see him winning world titles, but I think he has what it takes to be a valuable upper card wrestler for them.

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I actually think Hangman comes back to aslign himself with The Elite. Remember that Kenny was fired, Hangman was suspended and his at home watching the man who invaded his home now the companies babyface, Also, they could lean into (hopefully without harping on too much) that like Jack Perry, he was also a victim of Phil Brookes. Blood and guts is often 5 v 5. 

While you’re almost certainly right about this heading towards Blood and Guts, I hope they resist that temptation and do something different. With one obvious exceptions (the Royal Rumble) I’m not a huge fan of an annual match, and I think a 5 vs 5 match is a less interesting step to take in this story than some of the other options. 

Having Hangman return and not immediately continue his obsession with Swerve also wouldn’t feel quite right, so I really hope that isn’t forgotten about. I guess you could have Swerve team with Kenny, causing the Bucks to draft in Hangman as their secret weapon. 

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Can’t say I agree with that assessment, he’s an excellent promo, and with that in mind I’d certainly class him as a missed opportunity, albeit not one that will hurt AEW in any way. Unless he and Sky actively hate one another, I’m amazed they didn’t bring back Men of the Year to bolster the tag division. 

Perhaps, but given his friendship with Cody, I wonder if WWE might take a shot at making something of him. I don’t see him winning world titles, but I think he has what it takes to be a valuable upper card wrestler for them.

While you’re almost certainly right about this heading towards Blood and Guts, I hope they resist that temptation and do something different. With one obvious exceptions (the Royal Rumble) I’m not a huge fan of an annual match, and I think a 5 vs 5 match is a less interesting step to take in this story than some of the other options. 

Having Hangman return and not immediately continue his obsession with Swerve also wouldn’t feel quite right, so I really hope that isn’t forgotten about. I guess you could have Swerve team with Kenny, causing the Bucks to draft in Hangman as their secret weapon. 

That’s what I’m hoping for. Then have Ospreay helping them out be the catalyst for The Calis family turning on him.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Ethan Page joining WWE isn't a bad shout, I could see him with LA Knight as a super over tag team.

He didn't really work for me. I think you have to do more of your own promo work in aew. In wwe he would have more people helping him I think. He's athletic he just lacked that connection to the crowd I think 

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Page has a strong upside. Shame he was wasted. You'd think over three shows and some online stuff they could've invested some better time in him.

I really think he was given a fair chance personally. I think at best he will go to nxt or the lower card of one of the main shows. I don't think we will be looking back in 5 years or so and thinking aew really missed out. But time will tell I could be wrong 

27 minutes ago, no user name said:

He didn't really work for me. I think you have to do more of your own promo work in aew. In wwe he would have more people helping him I think. He's athletic he just lacked that connection to the crowd I think 

There's a lot of thinking going on there.

25 minutes ago, no user name said:

I really think he was given a fair chance personally. I think at best he will go to nxt or the lower card of one of the main shows. I don't think we will be looking back in 5 years or so and thinking aew really missed out. But time will tell I could be wrong 

I'm not sure they played to his strengths or gave him as much consistency as he could've had, but all comes down to personal opinion really. I do think sometimes they struggle in that area because of so many people on board.

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm not sure they played to his strengths or gave him as much consistency as he could've had, but all comes down to personal opinion really. I do think sometimes they struggle in that area because of so many people on board.

Yeah I mean a lot of it is personal opinion. I never felt any kind of connection to him but perhaps others did.