Factotum Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 49 minutes ago, Duke said: Rather than setting Tony Khan up for an angle, I actually think this might be a way to write him off. Absolutely this. No way will Khan be seen for ages on screen Quote
Loki Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 23 minutes ago, Factotum said: Absolutely this. No way will Khan be seen for ages on screen Like when they blew up Vince McMahon in a limo and he was never. Seen. Again. Personally I'm all for non-wrestlers taking moves and showing arse, it makes the actual wrestlers look harder. Khan has shown admirable restraint waiting 5 years, most money marks are booking the entire show around themselves within a few weeks. They should have Daddy Shaddy appoint an interim general manager whilst his boy is out recovering. Someone bound to infuriate the locker room. Eric Bischoff perhaps? Quote
Merzbow Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 2 minutes ago, Loki said: Eric Bischoff perhaps? No chance, no chance in hell. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 25, 2024 Sue or Sting for GM. No other choices. Quote
RedRooster Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 I hope they don't use this as an opportunity to give Ric Flair a new on-screen role. Quote
Loki Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 (edited) 44 minutes ago, Merzbow said: No chance, no chance in hell. Haha! Let's be fair, there's no way AEW would put an alleged sex offender on tv like that. 22 minutes ago, RedRooster said: I hope they don't use this as an opportunity to give Ric Flair a new on-screen role. Haha! Let's be fair, there's no way AEW would put an alleged sex offender on tv like that. Again. 35 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Sting for GM. No other choices. Haha! Actually, that one would be ok. Edited April 25, 2024 by Loki Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 25, 2024 Author Posted April 25, 2024 Yeah it's all fun and games until Sting just gives Darby Allin every title shot. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Yeah it's all fun and games until Sting just gives Darby Allin every title shot. 48 minutes ago, Loki said: Haha! Let's be fair, there's no way AEW would put an alleged sex offender on tv like that. Again. Quote
Infinity Land Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 4 hours ago, Supremo said: Shocking use of Swerve. A massive own goal. Best thing he did on the show was try and get that fan’s number during the commercial break. What a cool motherfucker. He should have opened up the show with a big, celebratory promo in the gorgeous Florida sunset. They had other plans. Learned something from the first time AEW got a big lead-in from the NBA and twitter was slating fat Jericho. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: There’s mileage in a bad guy authority figure there. Big Shaddy Cool cuts off his sons allowance and they have to fight against his wrath to save their jobs and the company. I'm being dead serious when I say that I'm hoping that this is what they do. Big Shaddy and The New Elite running the show like a bunch of ruthless pricks, could be a fun program. Anyway really enjoyable show for the most part. %100 agree that Swerve being immediately booked in a competitive match against a midcard guy, was a daft decision. Hopefully just filler until deranged Hangman gets back. Happy that Mina is already back. Was worried that she'd vanish until a week before Forbidden Door. As pointed out a lot of stuff being built around the women's division. If signing Mercedes was responsible for TK getting his shit together, then I can forgive the shit few weeks. I'm hoping it's Jamie Hayter who is responsible for the attacks. Yeah I know, not happening ? Gauntlet was a lot of fun. Poor Big Bill looked dead in the eyes. I honestly thought that this Jericho had potential but nope, I was dead fucking wrong. Fuck off Jericho. Good closing angle. Sure you could see it coming a mile away but predictable isn't always bad. Kind of funny that only the midcard guys bothered to come out. Main guys are all like fuck that mark, we've got our big money contracts. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 Just now, The King Of Swing said: 'm being dead serious when I say that I'm hoping that this is what they do. Big Shaddy and The New Elite running the show like a bunch of ruthless pricks, could be a fun program Yeah same. Little Tone is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest baby face in AEW history. To a lot of fans, he saved wrestling and is easy to get behind as he leads his lads to get back what’s his. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said: Yeah same. Little Tone is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest baby face in AEW history. To a lot of fans, he saved wrestling and is easy to get behind as he leads his lads to get back what’s his. Plus it would be the first actual authority figure storyline they've ever done, so I can cut them some slack. Fantasy booker wanker warning. A few months of Big Shaddy Daddy and his cronies fucking AEW originals over (complete with storyline sackings of people that TK was too nice to let go) and a big gimmick blowoff. I'd probably have the heels take Blood & Guts, with the faces winning an Anarchy in The Arena or Stadium Stampede to blow off the fued. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 25, 2024 Author Posted April 25, 2024 If I get a coked up TK bleeding all over the place and doing shooting star presses through tables then I am all for this. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 25, 2024 Neck brace confirmed. Brilliant. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 10 minutes ago, Supremo said: Neck brace confirmed. Brilliant. I’d love it if he Andy Kaufman’d it and wore it for six months, love it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.