Yeah as fun as MJF's stuff with Cole was at points, looking back it definitely hurt his reign, imo. 

Odds on Undisputed Kingdom being dead before MJF even returns? The faction is already ice cold and I don't think Cole has even been on TV recently. Feels like everyone involved already sees the writing on the wall.

State of Max Caster. Chucking his belt on the floor gave off real I'm fucked and I know it vibes. Gone by the end of the year I reckon and %100 convinced that The Acclaimed are doing the job on Sunday.

Where did it all go wrong? 

Cole has done a few 'Story time' skits like some old fashioned Jackanory type scene but definitely not been wrestling. Certainly haven't seen him in the ring for a little while and it seems to be focused around RODDDEERRRICCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

Just seen the osprey response to triple h. I didn't personally have any issue with it. Maybe it should been done on a separate podcast or something but I thought what he said was fair. And dynamite isn't a pg show so who cares about the sexual bit 

I thought the Dustin v Joe match was actually pretty good. Although I didn't like the end. Joe should have won clean. Don't entirely get the point in why they did it, I guess it's because cody was challenging for the world title but it seemed a bit odd. 

• Paid Members

Can’t believe it’s taken this long for Tony Khan to get physical in the ring. He’s going to end up having a match isn’t he? He also got Shahid involved to sell it.

Dynamite just needs to have it’s home permanently in Jacksonville again. Much better crowd. 

I'm in two minds about it.

On the one hand I'm glad they went for a hot angle and it was definitely the right crowd to do it in front of. It'll get people talking and that's what they need.

But I have absolutely no interest in seeing TK on screen. None. He doesn't have the personality or performance to pull anything off convincingly so I really hope this is start and finish of his involvement and the talent do the heavy work carrying the storyline forward. If its left to the Elite guys then we'll be in for a fun ride. But if Tony got a taste of it.. well, let's just hope not.

He’s finally gone and done it they all do it eventually just surprised it took him this long to get in a proper angle, no intrest in him becoming a character at all.

AEW put on great ppvs but week to week the product is so cold and a mess in so many ways.

• Paid Members

I don’t want to be too harsh on it because at least it’s something different, but I felt absolutely nothing as a fan watching that. It certainly wasn’t ever going to be Austin and Vince but it wasn’t even Dixie and Bubba Ray.

The thing is, you have EVPs running around doing whatever they want you need the boss to come in and take control in some way to put them back down to their place. So yes TK isn't great on screen but in a 'real' sense he needs to be seen to be trying to assert his authority.

I see Jay Lethal put in an appearance....hoping that JJ will be back on screen soon as I miss him on Dynamite 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

But I have absolutely no interest in seeing TK on screen. None. He doesn't have the personality or performance to pull anything off convincingly so I really hope this is start and finish of his involvement and the talent do the heavy work carrying the storyline forward. If its left to the Elite guys then we'll be in for a fun ride. But if Tony got a taste of it.. well, let's just hope not.

Even when he's not on screen, AEW is very Tony Khan heavy; I imagine he's referred to on screen more than any of the wrestlers. There's something very Michael Scott or David Brent-like about his awkwardness when he does appear on screen; not that I think they should tap into that. Rather, it might be worth using this as a way of introducing a new 'President' type figure to make big announcements - Sting, perhaps? To be clear, I don't mean a GM-type figure - just someone who appears when you know things are getting serious. 

We'll see where this goes, I guess. There's a best case scenario of this leading to months of interesting television, and there's a worst case scenario of this becoming a storyline entirely based around him getting his revenge; or living out a childhood fantasy of actually booking himself in a match. 

Having Will Ospreay chase the International Title seems - at face value - like a bit of a waste, although I'm totally in favour of this if Ospreay starts winning and consolidating men's singles titles, before eventually going after the big one. 

I also still hate the formula of long singles matches with obvious outcomes. I imagine that's plays more than a minor part in AEW struggling to attract an audience - even when they run interesting angles, there's a heavy portion of each show dedicated to the wrestling equivalent of a friendly match. I accept that some people enjoy it, and while it's probably fine in moderation, I think enough people find the predictability of this approach dull for it to be wise for Khan to reassess this approach. 

• Paid Members

I love that Tony is as awkward at selling as Vince was. Going down like a gunshot after he was hit with the mic, then remembering he was hit in the stomach while laid on the floor made me howl. 

It made the segment better for him being so awkward as there was a genuine worry that he might actually do himself a mischief if he wasn't positioned. 

Kudos to the guy for taking a pile driver for his first ever bump.

Jack Perry just has zero presence though, so feels like it was wasted on him. Okada should have been the one to do it instead of Perry.