• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

He's a guy in his mid-50s, if he goes away he ain't coming back in any meaningful way. He's just desperately clinging to his spot. 

Billy Gunn and Sting send their regards

• Paid Members

With Jericho these days it doesn't really feel like he's building anything meaningful up or adding to his body of work. It just feels like he's coming up with stuff week by week as an excuse to desperately cling on to TV time. 

And what fucks me off more with Jericho is he'll somehow probably get this to work. The tosser. I want him to genuinely go all David Icke here with this, dressing in linen white robes, legit deranged.

Or he'll just try a new catchphrase that'll bomb. It's honestly pot luck with the  King of Wetherspoons 

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m so glad we got Tony back into wrestling

Agreed. Tony S is brilliant and says what so many are thinking. He KNOWS how to push a storyline without taking away the focus from the people involved.

Plus I quite liked the stuff of him behind the scenes on the AEW All Access series whereby you got to see how respected he is by everyone backstage. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Or he'll just try a new catchphrase that'll bomb.

I think that's more likely; how much of his trademarked AEW material has actually got over? Does anyone care about "the Demo-God" or "The Ocho", or is just rattling off every idea in his head hoping that one will catch on?

I saw someone suggest that he's only trademarking "The Vortex of Jericho" so that nobody else merchandises it to make fun of him. But even knowing it's a thing means he's aware of his current reputation, and there's no good being self-aware enough to know that you're an old bloke clinging to younger stars for clout if you're just going to keep on doing it anyway; I'm sure that the story with Hook is going to be built around that reputation, but how do you work with that in a way that's not just doing the exact same thing again?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The biggest problem with the Hook story is that they've already had a singles match and Hook beat him so what the fuck are we even doing here? The story they are currently telling only works if a) they haven't wrestled yet or b) they have and Jericho won.

Edited by LaGoosh

35 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Billy Gunn and Sting send their regards

Two people that have been nothing like Jericho. 

Picked specific acts to work with Gunns/Acclaimed and Darby. Played 2nd fiddle in-ring and promos for the most part. Could go months without doing anything on TV. 

With how blatant Jericho was during the Trios match, they're either going to tack on HOOK v. Jericho for Dynasty or get added to the card to set-up Double or Nothing. Either way I'd say get ready for an FTW title reign using the gimmick to have a bunch of TV matches. So he can pretend he can still hang with people half his age, before putting HOOK "over". 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I think that's more likely; how much of his trademarked AEW material has actually got over? Does anyone care about "the Demo-God" or "The Ocho", or is just rattling off every idea in his head hoping that one will catch on?

I saw someone suggest that he's only trademarking "The Vortex of Jericho" so that nobody else merchandises it to make fun of him. But even knowing it's a thing means he's aware of his current reputation, and there's no good being self-aware enough to know that you're an old bloke clinging to younger stars for clout if you're just going to keep on doing it anyway; I'm sure that the story with Hook is going to be built around that reputation, but how do you work with that in a way that's not just doing the exact same thing again?

On the other hand, if there's no plan to change course, might as well profit from it. WWE sold a Cena Sucks t-shirt, after all.

• Paid Members

"Oklahoma Being Knuckle-dragging Shitcunts" shocker.

I don't expect better from the state that gave us the massacre of Black Wall Street.

On 4/16/2024 at 11:15 PM, Infinity Land said:

Two people that have been nothing like Jericho. 

Picked specific acts to work with Gunns/Acclaimed and Darby. Played 2nd fiddle in-ring and promos for the most part. Could go months without doing anything on TV. 

With how blatant Jericho was during the Trios match, they're either going to tack on HOOK v. Jericho for Dynasty or get added to the card to set-up Double or Nothing. Either way I'd say get ready for an FTW title reign using the gimmick to have a bunch of TV matches. So he can pretend he can still hang with people half his age, before putting HOOK "over". 

This. I don't think I've ever seen someone so successful at putting people "over", yet somehow they end up worse off. Guevara, Garcia (seriously! how did they fuck that up so bad?), Hobbs.

The Garcia shit really annoyed me. The man is pulled between his mentor and his hero, and his mentor ROH champion Jericho needles him and tests him time and time again, then when it comes time to be the man..... he basically pussies out and Jericho can't be arsed with being ROH champion anymore.

Then he just kind of... walks away from his stable with a "yeah... Im bored of this now. Bye."

If ROH ever wanted to be taken seriously, having Garcia as the young "next Brian Danielson" figurehead of ROH would of been fantastic.  

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Fucking hell that motion from the athletic commission is appalling. Absolutely gross. 

Edited by JLM