11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What did he even say about Ospreay? I missed it, but surprised he'd reference him directly.

He was giving out on McAfee's podcast about free agents not wanting to grind. Which is a bit rich, considering his best mate is Kevin Nash.

20 minutes ago, sukhy said:

For the people in here who were loving them some Triple H and taking a shit on Ospreay, maybe wait until you get a bit more information first before you start.

From the Observer - Will's partner wanted to stay in the UK with her family because she lost her first husband due to suicide, and this was something both WWE and AEW were aware of. Hence why Will felt it was a real dick move and he needed to address it.

Come on now, no one here is ‘loving them some Triple H’, or ‘shitting on Ospreay’. Suggesting that his dated jibe shouldn’t have made it to air is not unfair or ill-judged comment; and as tragic and awful as this situation is, the context doesn’t really change that. I suspect someone within AEW recognises this too - we’ve also had it ‘leak’ that Ospreay’s lines were fed to him.

Although I take the Observer with a pinch of salt given Meltzer’s spotty track record, if the context is that Ospreay was annoyed by the comment - which, it has to be said, may not have been directed at him - said he wanted to address it and was fed this line; he was badly advised. There is a better way of responding to something like this, that doesn’t involves wrestling promo. A carefully worded statement posted to social media would have been much more effective; though sometimes it’s just best to ignore these things. 

57 minutes ago, sukhy said:

For the people in here who were loving them some Triple H and taking a shit on Ospreay, maybe wait until you get a bit more information first before you start.

From the Observer - Will's partner wanted to stay in the UK with her family because she lost her first husband due to suicide, and this was something both WWE and AEW were aware of. Hence why Will felt it was a real dick move and he needed to address it.

Not sure I've seen a single person loving Triple H in here.

I don't think everything is so reductive as to come down to 'which side are you on?'

Ospreay's joke was dated and shit, and should never have made the air. Triple H probably shouldn't be talking about people who don't work for him in the media, as its fuck all to do with him why someone chooses not to work for that company.

If wrestling has taught us anything, it should be that it's absolutely possible for everyone involved to be wrong at the same time.

The Ospreay comment was just your typical AEW popshot at WWE. It's just one of those things they can't seem to stop themselves doing but on the other hand their fans lap it up so they're not gonna stop.

Even Will's line got the "ooh" reaction from the crowd.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, sukhy said:

TIL I learned Will is no longer with Bea/Blair. This is where you tell me it’s been years, right?

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Come on now, no one here is ‘loving them some Triple H’, or ‘shitting on Ospreay’. Suggesting that his dated jibe shouldn’t have made it to air is not unfair or ill-judged comment; and as tragic and awful as this situation is, the context doesn’t really change that. I suspect someone within AEW recognises this too - we’ve also had it ‘leak’ that Ospreay’s lines were fed to him.

Although I take the Observer with a pinch of salt given Meltzer’s spotty track record, if the context is that Ospreay was annoyed by the comment - which, it has to be said, may not have been directed at him - said he wanted to address it and was fed this line; he was badly advised. There is a better way of responding to something like this, that doesn’t involves wrestling promo. A carefully worded statement posted to social media would have been much more effective; though sometimes it’s just best to ignore these things. 

Better to ignore it, but it's typical of the current process where WWE staff are able to take shots at AEW and no one critiques them, but when AEW do it, or respond, it ends up with "this is WCW 2000 levels!"

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

TIL I learned Will is no longer with Bea/Blair. This is where you tell me it’s been years, right?

Tbh I have no idea myself! Just reposting Meltzer info!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JimmyAnderson said:

The Ospreay comment was just your typical AEW popshot at WWE. It's just one of those things they can't seem to stop themselves doing but on the other hand their fans lap it up so they're not gonna stop.

Even Will's line got the "ooh" reaction from the crowd.

Swap around AEW and WWE in your comment and it would be just as valid.

Better to ignore it, but it's typical of the current process where WWE staff are able to take shots at AEW and no one critiques them, but when AEW do it, or respond, it ends up with "this is WCW 2000 levels!"

23 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Could you give examples of this happening?

37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This just simply isn't true at all is it?

It is true, WWE can throw shots whenever they like, no one bats an eyelid. But when it's the other way round or a response, you get the WCW jibes, you get all of the grifter podcasts going crazy, twitter and Facebook bots going mad.