AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

Why is he a "horrible cunt" out of interest?

Genuinely don't know what he has or hasn't done, I do think he's incredible in ring though.

Ospreay/Cassidy for the International Title at Wembley sounds good to me.

Also I saw someone suggest the following on twitter about the continental classic..

Something I thought about last night. If Eddie Kingston is defending the ROH & STRONG titles in all of his Continental Classic matches, and he loses them during block play to someone who doesn't make the finals, what happens?

Has the tournament been explained properly yet?!

• Paid Members

Hangman vs Swerve was great. Match of the night for me. 

Even though Jericho is the Dementor of AEW and I didn’t care too much about the match going in, it was better than I expected to be. 

Ladder match was good fun. But agree, it didn’t need to be one and especially when no one actually tried to climb the ladder. Rush needs to be on tv every week. I love watching him.

I really thought Adam Cole was going to turn towards the end of the match. After MJF hit White with the ring and the ref was getting up, Cole started edging closer towards the ref and I thought he was going to trip him or pull him from the ring. There’s little hints there. Cole has to be the devil at this point. 

5 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Did Ospreay say he had signed an 8-YEAR deal?!

Think you may have misconstrued what he was saying. He said he’s been committed to New Japan for 8 years so basically wants to see it out properly.

Think early reports are a 3 year deal.

55 minutes ago, Duke said:

This still leaves a lot to be explained, but if Cole is the devil it's closer to making sense (alright, just barely). 

Volunteering to replace MJF in the main event is one hell of a thing to do if you’re ’the devil’. My guess is that they’re reveal that it was MJF all along. 

35 minutes ago, Chili said:

Or let's talk about CM Punk or something.

I hate to be that guy, but there was a point last night where I was halfway convinced he was going to be the devil, and without a main event (MJF out injured, unable to clear Adam Cole in good conscience) Tony Khan had to do a ‘deal with the devil’ to keep the main event alive. 

I’m not sure I fully understand the motivations of either MJF or Cole if they’re the Devil anymore. MJF ostensibly rescued Cole last night (with far less noble options available to him to keep his title), and Cole has had a myriad of opportunities to fuck with MJF.

I’m very, very worried The Devil stuff is being written on the fly and they haven’t really got a plan.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I couldn't give a single shit for anything on that card except the utterly insane Hangman vs Swerve match, most may know I enjoy a good deathmatch but that was something else entirely with passion, fire and a damn fine couple of pros who just get what that type of brutality can actually be beyond the spot and gore fests. Swerve can only go up from here, he's better than anyone near the title right now and Adam.. performance of the year and I hope he fights for the top spot again, too.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

Brandon Cutler said earlier on Twitter that The Young Bucks are taking some time away from Wrestling and they are asking for privacy.

Of course who knows what's real anymore but hopefully nothing serious if true.

Of course not. BTE hasn’t had an episode in weeks. When they have lost they have been throwing tantrums. I reckon they’ll be back a few weeks before the PPV heeling it up

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Volunteering to replace MJF in the main event is one hell of a thing to do if you’re ’the devil’. My guess is that they’re reveal that it was MJF all along. 

Nah, because the devil clearly wants to keep max isolated but also wants to be the one to beat him, hence attacking Jay in the first place. The devil has never done anything to intentionally jeopardise MJF, just to stop him making friends.

The bigger problem with my theory is "what would Cole have done if Max hadn't come out"

The biggest problem is "why not get Joe to do it, as he has a vested interest in MJF retaining"

Edited by Duke