AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

On 11/19/2023 at 7:08 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Just talk about the fucking event in this thread thanks. Either use the speaking out thread or if he's not enough of a wrongun for that use a different or new thread that isn't about an actual wrestling event. 

Chest Knows Best

• Paid Members

Meltzer gives Texas Death a well-deserved five stars, but does it in the most Dave way ever.

IMG_6925.thumb.jpeg.7d6ca95581b973f16c9cdfee008c965b.jpeg

Are there any other major critics, whether it’s TV, movies, games or films, etc. that has this mad detachment? “Hated this, not my thing at all. Not a fan whatsoever. Ten out of ten, can’t recommend it enough.”

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Meltzer gives Texas Death a well-deserved five stars, but does it in the most Dave way ever.

IMG_6925.thumb.jpeg.7d6ca95581b973f16c9cdfee008c965b.jpeg

Are there any other major critics, whether it’s TV, movies, games or films, etc. that has this mad detachment? “Hated this, not my thing at all. Not a fan whatsoever. Ten out of ten, can’t recommend it enough.”

There are. Its what separates someone doing a review for the public and updating their letterboxd. I can think of some movie critics that hate the vast majority of comedies, yet will give them a recommendation or score it well in whatever the ratings system happens to be. Same with horrors, which is perhaps more apt here. Some people are too squeamish or hate horror but when they have to review something judge it on its merits and not purely their personal opinion.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Supremo said:

This is such a Dave, barely subtle, Dave thinking he’s being subtle, snide jab to his many detractors. “See, see? It’s not just me giving the high ratings to matches that I personally love, I’m a serious journo! I’ll give a big rating to a match that was objectively brilliant for what it was even if it wasn’t my cup of tea! See!”

I mean, I’m all for this early “New year, new me” awakening by Dave if genuine, and look forward to him retrospectively upgrading Hogan vs Warrior at Mania VI to 6.5 or more stars.