AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s like saying Ric Flair is a bit over friendly with women. The bloke is a horrible cunt. 

Do you have an image of your moral compass as I’d like to see where murders and rapists are on it compared to gullible people defending their mates. 

• Paid Members

@Devon Malcolm I love your review, especially as someone who doesn’t watch regularly because you have a different perspective on things. But Your comparison of Ricky Starks to LA Knight made me actually laugh out loud. That’s a really good observation.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I forgot he does flippy shit so couldn’t possibly be a wrongun

I absolutely hate Ospreay. But I wouldn’t put him in the category of wrongun. Scorch is right. He was a gullible person defending his mate. There’s a lot worse in the business than him. He says a lot of stupid things. Because he doesn’t have a brain. Wrongun - no. Stupid cunt - yes. 

• Paid Members

My personal head canon for the main event was

1) we didn't see the devil because Adam Cole was actually in the building and was meant to be. All the stupid video call stuff, and the Roddy's house has no signal stuff, is an alibi, but he needed to be accounted for tonight.

2) he got cleared to compete because, in storyline, he's not actually injured. He's like Roddy

This still leaves a lot to be explained, but if Cole is the devil it's closer to making sense (alright, just barely). 

The deathmatch was completely mesmerising. I was also completely deflated after it, and just couldn't have cared less about the rest of the show. It's a shame Brian Cage had to do the run in, as it really cluttered the optics of these two bitter foes just trying to murder each other in front of 10,000 witnesses. But yeah...wow. I could go on and on about it but I think it might be one of my favourite matches ever, and definitely one of the best in the company's history.

I laughed off the blood drinking spot at first because I just assumed they used capsules. It took a close up shortly thereafter of fresh blood pumping from Swerve's head before it hit home, then something insane happened every forty seconds for the rest of the match. 

Fair shout that spending the year heating Osprey up as the English king of wrestling and giving him a title shot in the main event is their current angle for trying to fill Wembley? It wouldn't be the worst plan. 

58 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@Devon Malcolm I love your review, especially as someone who doesn’t watch regularly because you have a different perspective on things. But Your comparison of Ricky Starks to LA Knight made me actually laugh out loud. That’s a really good observation.

Yeah Devon was spot on about this. LA Knight is certainly over, but Ricky Starks just oozes charisma. I also constantly sing his theme song when doing housework as well.

Also Big Bill, what a remarkable comeback for someone who comes across as a proper nice lad.

2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I absolutely hate Ospreay. But I wouldn’t put him in the category of wrongun. Scorch is right. He was a gullible person defending his mate. There’s a lot worse in the business than him. He says a lot of stupid things. Because he doesn’t have a brain. Wrongun - no. Stupid cunt - yes. 

I didn’t say he was a wrongun (a term in itself which meaning differs from person to person, a wrongun is someone who has done wrong, after all), I said he was a horrible cunt, and to me calling him a bit of a knob was underselling it. 

I didn’t say he was a rapist or murderer, nor did I suggest what he did is as bad as rape or murder. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

No, you’re right, he’s sound. I forgot he does flippy shit so couldn’t possibly be a wrongun. Fucking hell. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I didn’t say he was a wrongun.

Yeah you did?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I didn’t say he was a wrongun (a term in itself which meaning differs from person to person, a wrongun is someone who has done wrong, after all), I said he was a horrible cunt, and to me calling him a bit of a knob was underselling it. 

I didn’t say he was a rapist or murderer, nor did I suggest what he did is as bad as rape or murder. 

I’d even say horrible cunt is too far. He’s just stupid and annoying. 

I hope it doesn’t affect your week to week viewing of AEW going forward then.

1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said:

I’d even say horrible cunt is too far

Great, good for you. 

1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said:

I hope it doesn’t affect your week to week viewing of AEW going forward then

Likewise