AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I didn’t think so either, but the poster they dropped today makes me think it might be Devil time after all…

After announcing the Continental Classic i've been fully expecting the Devil reveal on the show. I don't see MJF in the tournament. Especially if a future title shot is added as a prize (if it's not already). So the champion needs something to do while a dozen potential challengers are busy.

I might be one of the only Chris Hero fans on here.. but I'd still be a little disappointed unless the moment he's announced all you hear/see is Eddie Kingston losing his fucking mind and marching out. They had a killer feud in CZW and I'm assuming Chikara.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I wasn’t aware Eddie Kingston had history with Chris Hero that would make him throw a fit. That changes everything!

Can I just shock you? I like Chris Hero. Despite what I just said earlier. One of the best wrestlers in the world. I both know and respect him.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I wasn’t aware Eddie Kingston had history with Chris Hero that would make him throw a fit. That changes everything!

Can I just shock you? I like Chris Hero. Despite what I just said earlier. One of the best wrestlers in the world. I both know and respect him.

Kingston hates Hero even more than Claudio. It'd be glorious. 

4 way tag is now a fucking ladder match which has decreased my interest and increased the chances of shitty boring spots that get people injured.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

4 way tag is now a fucking ladder match which has decreased my interest and increased the chances of shitty boring spots that get people injured.

Collision talk/spoiler

Spoiler

Just got to the post-match to Dax v. Rush. Staredown between Brody King and Big Bill as they approach each other. Instead of leathering each other, they both go under the apron to grab a ladder and play tug of war over it 😔

2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Collision talk/spoiler

Hide contents

Just got to the post-match to Dax v. Rush. Staredown between Brody King and Big Bill as they approach each other. Instead of leathering each other, they both go under the apron to grab a ladder and play tug of war over it 😔

That match was fucking great, though. Smacked the shit out of each other.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Kingston hates Hero even more than Claudio. It'd be glorious. 

Ah for fucks sake. There was no need for that at all. 

I'm not against them making it a ladder match, but doing it last minute kind of screams "nobody cared about this match, let's throw a stip on it to drive a couple extra buys" when, hello, Big Bill is in the match. Everyone cares. And not sure they needed to add Claudio vs Buddy Murphy (although I assume that's on Zero Hour?)

Other than that, it really does look like it should be an excellent PPV. And I've decided that I think MJF is dropping the belt. The Devil's henchmen were clearly Taven, Bennett and Wardlow, so surely that tells us it's going to be Adam Cole? And to be honest, I don't find that particularly interesting.

Edited by 69MeDon

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

They should have a pre-show tournament to decide which ladders to use.

But 3 announcements to announce rhe announcement of the tournament with one of the world's most respected ladders competing in it.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I heard it's the ladder that Terry Funk spun around his head at Barely Legal '97.

Maybe it's the ladder Bret & Shawn used in the first ever ladder match in the WWF.