AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

• Paid Members

Most of the time, I like that AEW tell their stories with confidence in their audience to pick up and understand things naturally.

But then I see a video like this, and wish AEW treated me like an idiot a bit more. I need more recaps and musical packages, obviously! This is fire!

• Paid Members

The more I think about it, I reckon this new signing will be Sami Callihan. I believe he's a free agent after leaving impact, and has ties with Moxley. Also the wording of TK's tweet "known and respected by virtually every AEW fan" makes me think it's not a Goldberg level signing (not that he's such a game changer now either in fairness, but thinking former world champion level), and I don't know who else is out there that's a megastar who isn't under contract. 

• Paid Members

Ronda would be fascinating. If Ronda v1.0 came in, having amazing matches and being used sporadically, it could be great. Ronda v2.0 though? Going through the motions, wearing a second hand PE kit, in a constant sulk, seemingly just cashing a check and watching the clock until her contract ends? No thanks.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

The more I think about it, I reckon this new signing will be Sami Callihan. I believe he's a free agent after leaving impact, and has ties with Moxley. Also the wording of TK's tweet "known and respected by virtually every AEW fan" makes me think it's not a Goldberg level signing (not that he's such a game changer now either in fairness, but thinking former world champion level), and I don't know who else is out there that's a megastar who isn't under contract. 

Sami Callihan would definitely not go down well. I think that would piss everyone off, including me. Calling them one of the best wrestlers in the world is going to set expectations up for some special. I know Ospreay is currently signed to NJPW but could he sign a "starting from March" contract or something along those lines before his current contract is finished? I don't know the legalities of it.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Sami Callihan would definitely not go down well. I think that would piss everyone off, including me. Calling them one of the best wrestlers in the world is going to set expectations up for some special. I know Ospreay is currently signed to NJPW but could he sign a "starting from March" contract or something along those lines before his current contract is finished? I don't know the legalities of it.

If Mercedes is being ruled out (once again downplaying it before a LA show funnily enough). I can only see it being Ospreay. It's not 2019 anymore. AEW and NJPW have a working relationship. Nothing stopped the likes of the Bucks having ROH & NJPW contracts once upon a time.

All Ospreay's booked on is the Tokyo Dome show. No WTL or end of year show's. Doesn't make much of a difference as he's done as a full-timer with NJPW regardless of what comes next.