AEW Full Gear 2023 - November 18th

Supremo

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Worst case scenario has got to be Dolph Ziggler.

The worst case scenario is that the devil is Punk and Tony cuts the same promo Vince cut when the NWO came in and he starts going off about injecting lethal poison into his creation. 

Compared to that Ziggles turning up and overselling like a mofo is nothing. 

8 hours ago, Nick James said:

Ol' Tone is giving it the big guns.

This surely has to be Mercedes Moné, right? Either that or the devil will be revealed to be Marty Scurll.

Confirming Ibushi tonight means the bar is set fairly high for fan expectations. Seen it as either Mercedes Mone or Will Ospreay. Ospreay's New Japan deal is meant to be up in either Jan-March next year so it could be seen as too early, but its not 2019 anymore where there's no working relationship between the two companies. Ospreay's not on the next couple of Japan tours and would be available for the Continental Classic.

Hoping for Mercedes Mone though.

41 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Hoping for Mercedes Mone though.

I would only want Mone to join AEW if it meant that Khan was starting to treat the Women's Division as if it actually matters. As it stands, I would put money on her being misted and beginning a lengthy supernatural-based feud with Julia Black. 

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I would only want Mone to join AEW if it meant that Khan was starting to treat the Women's Division as if it actually matters. As it stands, I would put money on her being misted and beginning a lengthy supernatural-based feud with Julia Black. 

Cool, we'll let you know if it happens 👍

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Cool, we'll let you know if it happens 👍

Bit of an unnecessarily dickish comment that, no? The level of defensiveness about AEW's failings is a bit much on here sometimes. You can surely recognise the positives, while also acknowledging the clear negatives - and the women's division is clearly one of them. I think it's perfectly reasonable to feel apprehensive about one of the biggest name female wrestlers around joining a company that typically treats women's matches as bathroom break fodder.  

As for my AEW viewing habits - yeah, I said I'm not going to watch because of Flair. I've stuck to that so far, although I'll probably watch this show as I paid for it as part of the FITE TV deal at the start of the year. They already have my money, so I might as well. 

And just because I'm choosing not to watch AEW, doesn't mean I can't hope for better. I'm not being critical of AEW for the sake of being critical. I'd love to be able to watch Dynamite and feel good about myself for doing so. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Bit of an unnecessarily dickish comment that, no? The level of defensiveness about AEW's failings is a bit much on here sometimes.

It didn't read that way to me, think you took it the wrong way. 

As for AEW defensiveness being a bit much, I don't think that's accurate. I think the criticism of AEW on here is mostly fair as is the defense. But regardless I don't think Chili's post counts as AEW defensiveness. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, burchybabi said:

Think I read previously his 90 days isn’t up until January

December 20th. So it's not him, or any of that batch of WWE releases.

Ospreay is under contract with NJPW until January/February.

It has to be either Mercedes Moné, someone hopelessly overhyped, or someone completely out of left field.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It has to be either Mercedes Moné, someone hopelessly overhyped, or someone completely out of left field.

Unsure if that's three options or two, with some silent brackets...

I mean, I love Sasha/Mercedes but "one of the world's best wrestlers" is pushing it.