Celebrity wrestling fans

Chris B

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

The lads.spacer.png

Westside Gunn, rapper from the group Griselda, is a MASSIVE fan of wrestling. He doesn't have many songs or albums where it's not referenced heavily. He even has an EP with Conway called Hall & Nash.

I'm sure I read that Demi Lovato is a huge fan as well.

I heard they had to rename it the 'Tarrant pop' after the big man's appearance here. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Westside Gunn, rapper from the group Griselda, is a MASSIVE fan of wrestling. He doesn't have many songs or albums where it's not referenced heavily.

Pretty sure he performed live for Daniel Garcia's entrance in New York on Dynamite at some point last year.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Ed Gamble mentions quite a bit on Off Menu that he's been to a show or is wearing a T-Shirt. I think he's done some training too.

He wrestled for Max & Ivan's The Wrestling show, which always involves wrestlers and comedians working matches together. I have seen him at a couple of shows since then, and his wife is a huge wrestling fan, and has done some training herself.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Frank Sabotka from The Wire is a huge fan.

He was a PWG regular. 

Hayley Williams has also attended PWG a couple of times. And there’s also that famous picture of Sofia Vegara ringside at PWG after some chaos. 

I’m sure it was a goalkeeper in the premier league who said they loved WWE. But can’t remember if it’s Marcus Hahnemann, Paddy Kenny or someone else. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Can't believe I've got a second chance in a week to wheel out "Big Eams is in a bad place." He certainly was there.... London. Or as I spell it, S-H-I-T-H-O-L-E, shithole.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Westside Gunn, rapper from the group Griselda, is a MASSIVE fan of wrestling. He doesn't have many songs or albums where it's not referenced heavily. He even has an EP with Conway called Hall & Nash.

Sean Price was always name dropping wrestlers as well. Just off the top of my head I can recall lyrics referencing Kamala, Superfly Jimmy Snuka and Bobby Heenan. Even threw in a “ham and egger” mention on the Heenan one!

And there was the time back in his Heltah Skeltah days when they used Goldust’s music on a song…

Other than the usual metal musicians and rappers, David de Gea is the one that most recently had a bit of a coming out. He shared photos of Bray Wyatt on his Instagram account after his passing.