Celebrity wrestling fans

Chris B

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The lads.spacer.png

Westside Gunn, rapper from the group Griselda, is a MASSIVE fan of wrestling. He doesn't have many songs or albums where it's not referenced heavily. He even has an EP with Conway called Hall & Nash.

Wrestling is huge in hip-hop, the list of artists referencing wrestling in their songs is enormous (would actually make an interesting thread of it's own on here!)

I love Czarface and like 90% of their tunes contain a wrestling reference or two! 

Macaulay Culkin is a big fan, not only has he voiced his love for wrestling he's been pretty vocal about his dislike for certain things, too. Oh and he had a match a few years ago if I remember correctly and supposedly was close to writing for WWE.

Brother Kieran's had his run ins with wrestlers, too. Him and Miz went at it with a bit of a friendly shoot.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Glenn Danzig is a die hard fan since the Sammartino days and still keeps up with it. I love this photo 

E9wkMUTXIAEk5Wg.jpg

Never knew that. He must have been seething when Jerry Only's Misfits were dicking about in WCW

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Macaulay Culkin is a big fan

I’d be shocked if anyone involved in WrestleMania VII wasn’t a WWE lifer. Apart from Tenryu & Kitao, maybe.

Debbie Harry is a massive fan, literally just google her name and wrestling and you will see. She was a regular at wwf shows, regularly going backstage and was said to be good friends with Vince McMahon himself at one point. I have never read her book but apparently wrestling regularly gets mentioned throughout.

Noel Clarke (who I'm really confused by recent headlines, is a s3x pest or not?) is also a huge fan, regularly used to tweet about raw/smackdown.

Can't remember his name but the kid who played Malcom in Malcom in the middle (Franky?), I remember seeing he still watches now as an adult (WCW was featured in the shows opening credits).

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Wasn't there a little clip from a Benoît match in the Malcolm In The Middle titles? 

Bret vs Benoit at Mayhem 99. The finish, no less.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Debbie Harry is a massive fan, literally just google her name and wrestling and you will see. She was a regular at wwf shows, regularly going backstage and was said to be good friends with Vince McMahon himself at one point. I have never read her book but apparently wrestling regularly gets mentioned throughout.

There's a great story where she talks about meeting Gorgeous George while working at the Playboy Club. Only problem is that George had been dead for years by then, so it's either bollocks, or someone scammed her.

There's an old interview with Lydia Lunch where she talks about going to WWF shows with JG Thirlwell and Debbie Harry, being a massive Road Warriors fan, and having a crush on Bret Hart. Between them, Warhol and Andy Kaufman, there could be a great history to be written about the connections between the WWF of the late '70s and early '80s, and the New York underground.