Celebrity wrestling fans

Chris B

On 11/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, TheBurningRed said:

Forgot about Mark ā€˜The Beastā€™ Labbett from The Chase. He used to have a quiz segment leading into breaks on Wrestle Talk and I think he appeared on the show as well. I think he was involved with NGW up north. I also seen him a couple of times at York Hall watching Rev Pro.Ā 

Heā€™s still doing stuff with NGW

Ā 

On 11/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, TheBurningRed said:

Former pro darts player Paul Nicholson is one as well. Heā€™s mimicked Punk twice. Doing the whole getting on one knee during the walk on and shouting itā€™s clobbering time deal. He sat on the stage crossed leg like Punk as Phil Taylor walked on to try and wind him up. Think he lost that match. Also held up a Nexus scarf during one of those walk ons. Ā 

Now he does commentary on the pro tour and regularly mentions wrestling/wrestlers as references. Mostly pointless references at that.Ā 

There was another player Alex Roy? I think who used to use Randy Ortonā€™s old theme song and do his signature pose as well.Ā 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, TheBurningRed said:

Forgot about Mark ā€˜The Beastā€™ Labbett from The Chase. He used to have a quiz segment leading into breaks on Wrestle Talk and I think he appeared on the show as well. I think he was involved with NGW up north. I also seen him a couple of times at York Hall watching Rev Pro.Ā 

Married his cousin. Wonder what his username here is and if he met her at a funeral.

2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

There was another player Alex Roy? I think who used to use Randy Ortonā€™s old theme song and do his signature pose as well.Ā 

Mervyn King used HHHs Bow Down To The King one

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Are there any darts players who don't sound like cunts?

The DartBreak Kid. He was sound.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

I've just checked and I don't think he's been mentioned yet, Bob Mould of Sugar and Husker Du was on the WCW booking committee circa 1999/2000.

The chapter in his autobiography about that time is fascinating. Big Kev introduced him to somas.Ā 

• Paid Members
On 11/10/2023 at 11:14 AM, The Reverend said:

Comedian Rob Beckett took his WWF Hasbros on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown.

Ā 

On 11/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, LSM said:

I remember once seeing him tell a joke about all the different famous people he resembles and one of the names he mentioned was Jack Swagger.

Ā 

On 11/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, Ro_y Disco said:

Been reminded watching old Taskmaster that Rob Beckett must be or have been a fan. His stand up used to start with him doing a bit where he'd say who he looked like and mention Jack Swagger.Ā 

I've never seen one before, no one has, but I'm guessing it's a White Hole.

Oh well, at least it's not a Whitehall.