CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Out of curiosity, what was the last known lockerroom dust up in WWE? Can't imagine a fight happening there these days.

Charlotte and Nia throwing shoot punches on a live episode of Raw a year or so ago is the only thing I can think of.

If they go through with the Punkyverse Brand Split, all that time and effort is going to seem really stupid when he inevitably gets injured/walks out three weeks in.

• Paid Members

If Punk comes back and out of the gate, they have him wrestle anything other than the 6 man with FTR Vs The Elite, or a singles against Omega, then Khan has totally lost the plot. I can't remember who suggested it, LaGoosh maybe, but they should be the two matches for Wembley/All Out, whichever way around you want to put them. Hold off on Punk coming in or else on his first match back until then. 

Bring him back in June and then throw him in some random match nobody cares about against somebody from Japan? No thanks. 

This new show is a terrible idea too in my view. Look how quickly Khan stopped caring about Battle of the Belts and Rampage. I give it 3-4 weeks, especially after being shifted night and time slot constantly, before this new show is bookended by CM Punk Vs Aaron Solo and QT Marshall Vs Matt Hardy. 

27 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

If Punk comes back and out of the gate, they have him wrestle anything other than the 6 man with FTR Vs The Elite, or a singles against Omega, then Khan has totally lost the plot. I can't remember who suggested it, LaGoosh maybe, but they should be the two matches for Wembley/All Out, whichever way around you want to put them. Hold off on Punk coming in or else on his first match back until then. 

Bring him back in June and then throw him in some random match nobody cares about against somebody from Japan? No thanks. 

This new show is a terrible idea too in my view. Look how quickly Khan stopped caring about Battle of the Belts and Rampage. I give it 3-4 weeks, especially after being shifted night and time slot constantly, before this new show is bookended by CM Punk Vs Aaron Solo and QT Marshall Vs Matt Hardy. 

What's this based on? TNT/TBS do not have any major sports rights on Saturday nights except during play-offs. It'd get moved about roughly the same amount as Dynamite when it was on TNT.

9 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Brand Split = more titles.

Good lord.

Why? You put the TNT and International titles on opposite shows, the Tag and Trios titles on opposite shows and the Women's and TBS titles on opposite shows with the AEW Champ flitting between the two. Job done.

14 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Why? You put the TNT and International titles on opposite shows, the Tag and Trios titles on opposite shows and the Women's and TBS titles on opposite shows with the AEW Champ flitting between the two. Job done.

I actually don’t mind that kind of divide at all. While I’m not exactly in favour of a brand split, if it means we have less in the way of stables, it’s something I could warm to. 

14 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Surely you have seen by now that AEW love a title, especially introducing new ones.

• Paid Members

If there's any promotion needs a brand split it's AEW. They had a readymade one with ROH but because it's not a proper split you still have the AEW roster cluttered up with ROH stuff. If there was a proper split that was stuck to, it would make Dynamite, Rampage and whatever the possible 3rd show is infinitely more watchable.

• Paid Members

Today’s Observer reporting that Punk coming back played a decent part in them getting this Saturday show which, if all goes ahead, could net the company an extra 52 million dollars a year.

He’s a dickhead and this is all destined to end in tears, but for 52 million? I’d probably have brought him back too.

Get pen to paper, secure the cash, then just wait for him to self destruct again.

• Paid Members

If the new show is centered around Punk I truly hope that they  do something different with it. As it's Saturday night give it a totally different aesthetic. Make it more edgy and film it in a less polished setting. Fuck it, just bring back Lucha Underground, but with Punk. No-one needs Rampage, but a night later and with a different roster. 

I stopped really giving too much of a fuck about WWE when they did the brand split. I've just never been a fan of them. If your roster is so big that there isn't enough TV time for them all, let some contracts run down and stop signing people. I realise that, in this case, it's different as the idea is mostly to keep Punk away from The Elite, but it's still dumb.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Today’s Observer reporting that Punk coming back played a decent part in them getting this Saturday show which, if all goes ahead, could net the company an extra 52 million dollars a year.

He’s a dickhead and this is all destined to end in tears, but for 52 million? I’d probably have brought him back too.

Get pen to paper, secure the cash, then just wait for him to self destruct again.

Most likely he’ll injure himself in 6 months and they can take the 52 million minus his fee, and they’re laughing.

It’s good business but it’s also rewarding his shitty behaviour and reinforcing his already inflated opinion of himself.  So I imagine he’ll be even worse this time and we can look forward to him calling everyone by their shoot names in agonising worked-shoots promos that go on for hours.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

I stopped really giving too much of a fuck about WWE when they did the brand split. I've just never been a fan of them. If your roster is so big that there isn't enough TV time for them all, let some contracts run down and stop signing people. I realise that, in this case, it's different as the idea is mostly to keep Punk away from The Elite, but it's still dumb.

The only time I think its worked well was that first WWE one in 2002 because the WWE was top heavy, by 2004 it should have wound up and never happened again IMO.