Merzbow Posted February 27 Posted February 27 It's a shame Your Party can't get their shit together, the Greens have completely stole any thunder they potentially had with a lighter deal on the socialism yet far more organized. Well done to Polanski, people I'd never have imagined going Green are taking notice. Quote
Rossman Posted February 27 Posted February 27 Our council, Lincolnshire County Council are Reform led and made divs of themselves this week. They've created the "Lincolnshire Plan." A vision on how they are going to lead the county for the next 5 years. The problem is, they've directly copied large chunks from Nottinghamshire County Councils plan, which is Labour run. The leader of council which has his name at the bottom of the foreword which was also copied, is now saying he didn't write it and got council workers to do it instead Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 27 Paid Members Posted February 27 7 minutes ago, Rossman said: Our council, Lincolnshire County Council are Reform led and made divs of themselves this week. They've created the "Lincolnshire Plan." A vision on how they are going to lead the county for the next 5 years. The problem is, they've directly copied large chunks from Nottinghamshire County Councils plan, which is Labour run. The leader of council which has his name at the bottom of the foreword which was also copied, is now saying he didn't write it and got council workers to do it instead As if that isn't bad enough for us denizens of Lincolnshire, on top of that we have Andrea Jenkyns as the mayor. I don't need to add anything to that. Quote
Rossman Posted February 27 Posted February 27 32 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: As if that isn't bad enough for us denizens of Lincolnshire, on top of that we have Andrea Jenkyns as the mayor. I don't need to add anything to that. It boils my piss, they created a public funded position of Mayor. The other week she was on Jeremy Vines daytime panel show, as a panellist. Getting paid extra money to talk drivel when she should be doing her actual job. She's hired a couple of staff to respond to emails because she's so busy, up until 4am writing back to people. Can't be that busy if she's fucking about on daytime TV, making a twat of herself. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 27 Paid Members Posted February 27 I can't even imagine how much you would have to hate yourself to choose to watch a show hosted by Jeremy Vine with Marina Purkiss and Andrea Jenkyns as guests. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 27 Paid Members Posted February 27 It was all over SM as Purkiss made Jenkyns look very silly. Quote
deathrey Posted February 27 Posted February 27 8 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Councils are skint and I can completely understand why they are doing it, and I don't think it's something that you can blame on Reform. They did claim that they would get rid get rid of ineffeciency though and I think the fact they'd pretty much failed shows they talk shite. Councillors realise once there that while there is a lot of money spent on nice to have things rather than must have, the general public think of a lot of that nice to have stuff as must have. The council I work for has risen by 2% (the part for social care) and frozen the main part. We can't afford it but it's essentially a pre-election bung, we do have permission to put above 4.99% in 2028 though and whomever wins in May will probably have to follow through on that. They did it in 2023 after winning the election as they promised it, service cuts were made the same year to cover the freeze. It was advertised that we could afford it by Labour, load of bollocks but what can you do. The residents already have one of the lowest council taxes in the country. I know councils are skint, and I don't blame Reform for having to put the council tax up, the council has been mismanaged for years to get in to the state it's in, Reform haven't been in charge long enough to do that kind of damage. I should have been a little clearer when I said people were defending them - they ran here on a promise to cut council tax and did the opposite - their voters are blaming the Lib Dems who called for the leader of the council to step down and then promptly left the vote. It was 2 councillors that left, the vote passed and would have passed with or without the two Lib Dem councillors. Zack Polanski was just on The Last Leg if anyone caught it. He came across surprisingly well though all the panel seemed to want to talk about was legalisation of drugs which is a shame. Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted February 27 Posted February 27 (edited) I can't be arsed going through the past two years which I've missed on this thread. But isn't it really heart warming to see 60odd% voting "left" leaning (Including Starmer's Jokes). Made up for the Greens, and the Tories lose a deposit. Really looking forward to May the 7th when Plaid Cymru cunt Reform into the sea. Gives me faith in humanity. Edited February 27 by HandsomeButchIII Quote
AshC Posted February 28 Posted February 28 PowerButchi! Reform are fucked now Butch AND Michael Sheen have given Plaid the nod today. 😁 Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted February 28 Posted February 28 1 hour ago, AshC said: PowerButchi! Reform are fucked now Butch AND Michael Sheen have given Plaid the nod today. 😁 And our till is short after Cefn Druids went bump so I have no Ash from Barry popping in for a pint. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 27 Members Posted March 27 This is brilliant from the Green party and well worth a watch. Quote
deathrey Posted March 27 Posted March 27 That was really powerful, and a familiar story in many ways. Thanks for sharing @SuperBacon Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 (edited) Forgot there was an election yesterday as due to a recent house move I wasn’t registered to vote in time for it. Got jump scared this morning when I woke up to see Reform running away with it. I suppose at the very least it’s good to see the Lib Dems and Greens pick up so many seats so far, as ultimately I likely would have voted for one or the other of them. Edit: Turns out only one area local to me had an election, which also explains the total lack of voting stations or propaganda through the door. It was Hartlepool who Reform clean-swept. Edited May 8 by FLips Quote
westlondonmist Posted May 8 Posted May 8 (edited) 3 minutes ago, FLips said: Forgot there was an election yesterday as due to a recent house move I wasn’t registered to vote in time for it. Got jump scared this morning when I woke up to see Reform running away with it. I suppose at the very least it’s good to see the Lib Dems and Greens pick up so many seats so far, as ultimately I likely would have voted for one or the other of them. So far they haven't taken many councils but that's partly due to some councils putting up different seats every year. Fortunately they won no seats where I live or work (although I work in street cleaning so probably not something Reform would cut). I'm kind of curious as to why people think voting for a party who doesn't really have a policy that doesn't involve immigrants will help their council. Edited May 8 by westlondonmist Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 41 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: I'm kind of curious as to why people think voting for a party who doesn't really have a policy that doesn't involve immigrants will help their council. They don't. Generally speaking people are voting on national issues. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.