Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I don't really understand why he's not just ousted. The longer him and Reeves stay the less chance Labour have. Surely the other MPs can see that? 

But replace him with who?  Lammy and Streeting are both incredibly unlikeable.  Reeves is a figure of ridicule.  Rayner screwed herself with her tax dealings. Mahmood probably isn't going to be seem as the choice to fight an election against Farage.  There's no obvious incumbent unless you look to someone like Burnham who is somewhat on the outside and has the benefit of not being tarnished as part of Starmers government, hence why they've blocked him from running. 

Posted (edited)

There's only a couple on the Labour benches I think could get the country taking note because of their stances, but I think one is too inexperienced and the other is perhaps too long in the tooth now. Dan Jarvis being one and Hillary Benn being the other. 

 

Worst thing for me is whatever is likely to happen at the next election is that I'll still have Kemi Badenough as the MP for my constituency. I wont say 'my MP' as she is a shocking MP for her area. Its all 'Project Badenoch and to hell with the little people'.

 

 

*When I say inexperienced, I mean hes not a lot of experience of front bench and high office.

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon
  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

There's only a couple on the Labour benches I think could get the country taking note because of their stances, but I think one is too inexperienced and the other is perhaps too long in the tooth now. Dan Jarvis being one and Hillary Benn being the other. 

Tony Benn being cremated is the only reason he’s not spinning in his grave like a rotisserie chicken on fast-forward, looking at what a letdown his son is.

I’m convinced you’re a bot.

Edited by Frankie Crisp
Posted
7 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Tony Benn being cremated is the only reason he’s not spinning in his grave like a rotisserie chicken on fast-forward, looking at what a letdown his son is.

I’m convinced you’re a bot.

Really? Just because I disagree about someone I must be a bot? I like Benn and always have done. I disagreed a lot with his father and his politics but I admire any politician who stands up for their principles and ideology, even if it goes against that of their party or family name 

 

Personally I think Burnham should have been allowed in to have a go at being an MP again and potentially PM. As I read elsewhere, its a big question Labour need to answer

Which scenario would you prefer ?

1 Starmer thwarts Burnham carries on as PM and loses next General Election to Reform.

2 Burnham becomes PM and Labour win next General Election

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Really? Just because I disagree about someone I must be a bot? I like Benn and always have done. I disagreed a lot with his father and his politics but I admire any politician who stands up for their principles and ideology, even if it goes against that of their party or family name 

You lost me at this.

The bot comment was tongue in cheek but not solely related to that one specific post. Your content mainly reads like someone using the internet to cheat on their homework.

Anyway, go and watch the Celebrity Traitors. People die and raise money for charity. You’ll love it!

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There will be less carnage in May than there otherwise might be. A lot of councils, I think 26 are delaying elections for a year because of the new mayors that are coming in. 

And the likes of Essex where they're merging town and county councils into Essex regional councils.

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Which scenario would you prefer ?

1 Starmer thwarts Burnham carries on as PM and loses next General Election to Reform.

2 Burnham becomes PM and Labour win next General Election

Nah come on mate, that's a VERY loaded question isn't it? And that's saying Burnham would definitely win a general election, which he might not.

Anyway this reminds me, when I was younger I was in a (very loose) rap group with a grandson of Tony Benns.

He was very good (obviously MC Baconbits was nicer on the M-I-C) but did tell me that his grandad once tuned into a pirate station appearance of ours (lad) and next time he saw him asked why we were speaking in "that ridiculous tongue" 😆😆😆 Wha gwan Tony

Posted

Dunno if this has been brought up before, and if this is the right place for it even

...but Reform are becoming the NWO. Every week there's another defector. In fact seemingly every day at this point. Hogan and Farage do have a bit in common tbf

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Reform being so anti immigration don't just need one former cabinet member who saw immigration rise under their watch, they need two. 

Where we're going, we don't need facts.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

All these machiavellian moves by Starmer to stop The King In The North will look stupid if they now don't win the by-election. I'm not saying Burnham was a shoo in but if they lose Starmer is going to look even weaker. 

Is it really possible for him to look weaker?

  • Paid Members
Posted

What I'm really worried about, and am really angry at the media and all the establishment bodies for not doing, is challenging that mob of wretches on their position on trying to emulate Trump's America, trying to end due process and human rights protections, having their own version of ICE, implementing an American style of healthcare system, and aligning us geopolitically with Russia.

All they have to do is ask him direct questions on this, and force them into the open, but they won't even do that. And Starmer has the power to do something about him right now, but is more intent on continuing to fuck over the left of the party (such as it is). 

  • Paid Members
Posted

There's definitely an attempt by media to softball Deform. They are given a much more favourable platform on news programs than they deserve.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...