UKFF Heritage sites

Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members
On 1/30/2023 at 5:38 PM, Keith Houchen said:

An underpass at Kidderminster train station. 

"In a darkened underpass, oh God, my chance has come at last" always reminded me of Kiddy on top of sounding a touch rapey.

Just for you, I know you love a bit of Mozza.

• Awards Moderator
27 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

costing him a lucrative deal with Silver Vision as a reviewer, then refusing to back it up.

And Zeusy Steve working for SV at the time and saying "no, we've never had anything to do with you." 

41 minutes ago, air_raid said:

"In a darkened underpass, oh God, my chance has come at last" always reminded me of Kiddy on top of sounding a touch rapey.

Just for you, I know you love a bit of Mozza.

His death was probably the celebrity death that hurt me the most. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, neil said:

Alas as I read @Fatty Facesitter's post I knew he was in the wrong place...it would've been wise to consult the sages of "Two Months" as we could've avoided this.

A sad and lonely night in UKFF chat found what it had become on google maps:

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 2.51.37 PM.png

Can we fundraise to buy it a blue plaque?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Strangely the Crawford Road side of the building still shows a picture of this abandoned state when you zip to it on Google Maps - if you spin the camera round it still shows the old Londis too. Then when you click the arrow to move back onto Mill Road, everything reverts back to the present day businesses. The hairdressers have done a cracking job on the renovation - which subsequently swindled me by altering the layout of the windows and doors! 

B7286394-947A-4C9A-B4DA-33C10C849265.thumb.png.28acccb2b2cf5a83dc13c4db310d6a4b.png

3839CE5F-250A-4A00-B500-A3B81277D97B.thumb.png.8cdec34a36098280f7493c88e701bf4c.png

This is basically what scuppered me - if you look at the old address registered for McColl’s, it says 101 to 103. On Google Maps, the number 101 is just above OneStop. I naturally assumed the correct place must be this little block. If I had zoomed in just a smidge closer, it would have revealed that OneStop is actually property number 50 and the 101 address should been over the road. 

Even then though, with it being the only paper shop on the road and with the totally different layout of the windows and doors at Harmony, and the extension obscuring any old frontage I’d have been able to rule out at OneStop, I’d have still missed it. I’m such a tit.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

York Hall - the early days of UKFF is where I first learned of FWA and my first show their was Frontiers of Honour. Even when the boxing is on Sky Sports in there I think of here and FWA. Did a few bus trips down there with UKFFers afterwards too.

Coventry Skydome - TWC International Showdown coming to my hometown blew my mind back then. Will always remember my younger brothers utter confusion as to why heel Alex Shane was asking everyone if they had a nice time on the way out.

The city of Norwich - forget Jeremy Goss  Delia Smith and Colmans Mustard. Norwich will forever by synonomous with the Knight family and their various antics which have littered the UKFF over the years. 

Whichever nightclub/hotel the guy posted in off topic about years ago where he boasted about taking advantage of a black out drunken work colleague on a night out and having sex with her before fucking off whilst believing what he had done was a jack the lad story and not a full blown rape.

Ive always hoped for the girls sake it was all a stupid made up internet story but regardless that one post is the craziest thing this forum has ever seen.

The locker room where I believe half the roster of (I think) Chikara beat the shit out of Jay Phoenix/James Wallace/Jim Brown back whrm he was just a thief and not a convicted sex offender.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

On 1/31/2023 at 1:01 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Definitely, hence my inclusion of Ha Long Bay in the OP. 

If I was in charge of a ukff tour of Vietnam then we'd be skipping Ha Long Bay and Nha Trang beach in favour of a tour of shocking roadside shitters, bum gun shops and grotty street food stalls to justify the visits to the first two suggestions. I know a great cafe in the Mekong Delta where you literally shit off a small pier into the canal. 

Edited by simonworden

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

To my mind that would be the centre piece of the UKFF Museum. Hanging against the wall, backwards, ready for straddling like the Duchamp's urinal of a bleak universe.

What a stunning range of exhibits the UKFF Museum could have. Frankie Crisp's Quality Street tin, ajmcstyles' shoes he was wearing when he returned them, a pink vest, the Hall of Chippy Teas, BWC wristbands for sale in the gift shop ... all important cultural artefacts.