FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• Moderators

Ah thanks a lot you guys.. As if I didn't already have enough to watch, I have now started watching Sopranos again.

I'm 3 episodes in and super tired at work today. First time in seeing this since I first watched it.. 20 years ago? Fuck me. Anyway obviously it's still as good as everyone says and hasn't aged a day, unlike me. Except all the references to cd and dvd players and laser discs.

• Paid Members
On 1/24/2023 at 4:57 PM, gmoney said:

Getting words wrong cracks me up every time I notice one. "Horshack test" is in the first episode I think.

I love it when Tony says "You'd think I was Hannibal Lecture!" or Christopher;s line "create a little dysentery in the ranks".

Of course, we can't not mention the king of malapropisms without talking about the king, Little Carmine. He's very allegorical.

One of the funniest scenes is when Tony is looking for an answer on something from Little Carmine and he responds "I'm reminded of Louis the-whatever's finance minister, The-something. He built a chateau. Nicole and I saw it when we went to Paris. It even outshown Versailles, where the king lived. In the end, Louis clapped him in irons." He then leans back and lights a cigar with a thoughtful look like it's the smartest thing anyone has ever said and Tony just stares at him like he's the biggest fucking idiot who ever lived. It's genius. Though actually considering where the other characters all end up by the end he may actually be smarter than all of them. Or too dumb to get killed maybe.

Edited by LaGoosh

28 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Ah thanks a lot you guys.. As if I didn't already have enough to watch, I have now started watching Sopranos again.

I'm 3 episodes in and super tired at work today. First time in seeing this since I first watched it.. 20 years ago? Fuck me. Anyway obviously it's still as good as everyone says and hasn't aged a day, unlike me. Except all the references to cd and dvd players and laser discs.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU WAITED UNTIL THE REWATCH ALONG WITH EVERYONE? 

FUCK SAKE.

the sopranos hbo GIF

*Gets out boxset*

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

WHY HAVEN'T YOU WAITED UNTIL THE REWATCH ALONG WITH EVERYONE? 

FUCK SAKE.

I guess because I've been on the UKFF long enough to know that's not happening. Or will start at a pace I can't match and then completely fizzle out.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Note for people craving upvotes. Just post a Sopranos quote. Profit! 

“This guy gives him the works: MRIs, cat scans, dog scans, you name it.”

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

• Paid Members

I’d watched most of the Sopranos a couple of years ago but never actually got round to the last series.

Last year, after a few attempts, I finally persuaded the mrs to give it a go and we ended up watching the entire show over the course of 3-4 months.

I did spoil things for her a bit though by going to watch The Many Saints of Newark at the cinema before we’d even reached season 5!

Easily the best written TV series of all time, I’d happily start the entire run again given half the chance.

As others have said, these are complex characters, you can go from feeling sorry for them to feeling they’re the vilest cunts on earth within the span of an episode.

(AJ is just an annoying little brat though).

My favourite scene was a drunk Bobby Baccala punching out Tony, but the best death has to be this one….

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I love it when Tony says "You'd think I was Hannibal Lecture!" 

Or when he’s trying to dump Gloria and says something like “we had our mo’fo or whatever the fuck”. Because Melfi told him previously “amour fou” meant “crazy love”.

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

but the best death has to be this one….

“Chrissy, he’s FUCKED UP!” 

27 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

With that attitude, you'll never have the makings of a Varsity athlete. 

Small hands, that was his problem.

That’s enough for now, I’m off to watch this banger on the Network.

59B42199-CB89-46C9-8E79-1846495A6FDA.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09