TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Meltzer's coverage of Impact/TNA has been pretty woeful so I'm not sure I'd be trusting Meltzer's reports given he's spent the last few years giving them as little attention as possible.

Pwinsider has long had high ranking sources in the company and are usually very accurate.

Can’t both be accurate? I mean if they wanted to cut the budget, D’Amore attempted to buy it, that’s certainly a disagreement between both parties.

• Paid Members
On 2/8/2024 at 8:05 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Can’t both be accurate? I mean if they wanted to cut the budget, D’Amore attempted to buy it, that’s certainly a disagreement between both parties.

In fairness that seems to be the case.

It does make a lot more sense at this point, although massively disappointing.

The background seems to be there were consistent clashes re: the budget, with Scott reaching the point where he really wanted to pull the trigger and capitalise on the recent hype and bring in some big names.

Anthem seem to be happy with current growth and wanted to either retain the current budget or even reduce it, causing friction.

Scott trying to buy TNA from Anthem seemed to make his position untenable.

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh fuck off. I'll always remember saying something about him on Twitter and him DMing me because he vanity searches.

It wasn’t about shagging his daughter, was it?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch no surrender I enjoyed the show shame gyv didn't win the tag belts but I like ABC are we gonna get rscls vs ABC in a gimmick match at rebellion ..I would have liked Simon Gotch to have won by cheating but they made the right choice with Ali and the X title...whats the word on Leon Slater any idea when he's gonna turn up.

• Paid Members
On 2/26/2024 at 7:27 PM, kidzero said:

Anyone watch no surrender I enjoyed the show

The Scott D’amore stuff was a bit of a bolt out of the blue and I didn’t really watch anything for a few weeks but yes, and it was a pretty decent show. 

I haven’t seen Mustafa Ali before but I like his gimmick and seemingly has a built-in fanbase too.

Very glad they signed Hammerstone and while I realise that Josh Alexander can carry anyone to a decent match, I really wanted him signed after their match at HTK.

So far it doesn’t sound like the anticipated budget cuts/fucking around with the product has happened.