Loki Posted April 21, 2024 Posted April 21, 2024 I dont mind the Broken Matt character, or Matt generally. The issue I have is he looks like he's headed for an early wheelchair, he moves like his entire spine is fused together and might snap at any minute. I wince when watching him wrestle, it's off-putting. Similarly, I cannot believe Tommy Dreamer is still out there wrestling in TNA. That man's brain must be mush. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 22, 2024 Posted April 22, 2024 I definitely have a bigger issue with Dreamer being.. anywhere? He was recently the big mystery tag partner for Onita.. at least he wore Terry Funk pants even if his dumpy arse ruined them. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 25, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted April 25, 2024 On 4/21/2024 at 12:11 PM, RedRooster said: Is he definitely signed up? The fact he lost made me wonder if it was a farewell appearance of sorts, ahead of moving elsewhere. If they have re-signed him, what a miss for WWE. AEW too, though they don’t really need him. Quote
RedRooster Posted April 25, 2024 Posted April 25, 2024 I’m absolutely amazed he hasn’t been picked up elsewhere. Brilliant news for TNA, but I’d have put money on him getting poached. I hope he managed to nab a substantial pay increase. Quote
Sheffbag Posted April 26, 2024 Posted April 26, 2024 Just watched the segment where Matt comes outto confront Nemeth and they show the end of the Rebellion main event twice. WTF was that about with the shoulder Kudos to Slater though, Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2024 I hear TNA is dead again. No dates on the calendar, the latest head writer has quit and Anthem have lost interest. So by the logic of this companies entire existence, I expect they'll be around for another 2 decades. Quote
PW-AJ Posted May 31, 2024 Posted May 31, 2024 18 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: I hear TNA is dead again. No dates on the calendar, the latest head writer has quit and Anthem have lost interest. So by the logic of this companies entire existence, I expect they'll be around for another 2 decades. They just had their best presale for any show in 10 years, announced tapings for August and are working with the biggest wrestling company in the world. But yeah, one member of the creative team resigned. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2024 6 minutes ago, PW-AJ said: They just had their best presale for any show in 10 years, announced tapings for August and are working with the biggest wrestling company in the world. But yeah, one member of the creative team resigned. Robert Evans, who has been one of the key members of creative resigns and they have absolutely nothing booked past 2 days in August that will probably make 6-8 weeks of TV until September. WWE going into a "working relationship" again, speculation of workers from NXT being on TNA PPVs and a product that is plodding along, I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE to buy the archive and company rumours don't start up by Monday morning. Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2024 11 minutes ago, PW-AJ said: They just had their best presale for any show in 10 years Quote
PW-AJ Posted May 31, 2024 Posted May 31, 2024 2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: Relevant how? Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2024 6 minutes ago, PW-AJ said: Relevant how? Didnt realise we had a Native American on the forum. Quote
PW-AJ Posted May 31, 2024 Posted May 31, 2024 Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said: Didnt realise we had a Native American on the forum. Or you could just answer the question? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted May 31, 2024 Posted May 31, 2024 (edited) WWE buying TNA has been rumoured for a decade. Since Corrgan wanted it. If WWE do buy it, It'd be nice for a proper documentary about the golden years of TNA, Problem is, Christian is in AEW, And Sting's probably done as far as WWE is concerned, But it'd be nice to see AJ. Kurt's matches etc showcased. Edit: Lets just see how this goes. Edited May 31, 2024 by TheScarlettChad Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted May 31, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted May 31, 2024 (edited) Other than Bound for Glory I don’t recall them announcing shows more than 2-3 months in advance for years now. Some of these sites/journalists clearly don’t keep enough of a regular eye on TNA if that’s deemed to be newsworthy. (I’d actually throw Meltzer in that particular mix, his track record on reporting TNA over the past 2-3 years has been pretty weak with Mike Johnson usually being the most accurate source). They literally had an offer to buy it earlier in the year and turned Scott D’Amore down without even negotiating. Edited May 31, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
PW-AJ Posted June 1, 2024 Posted June 1, 2024 As others have said, it's very normal. October's Bound For Glory traditionally gets announced in June/July, usually during Slammiversary. Sean Ross Sapp has confirmed TNA have shows planned that haven't been announced yet, and that morale is good. So basically there's just been a few changes in staff behind the scenes and it's been blown up into fake news yet again (remember the 'Rebellion got 100 buys' nonsense?). A fresh face in creative would be a positive as far as I'm concerned, it feels like they're lacking a big ongoing story at the minute. There's a few interesting sub-stories, but nothing going on in the main event scene other than people just turning up and wanting the World Title. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.