TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members

Considering their budget, there is no doubt whatsoever that D’Amore was able to bring in wrestlers that would never have otherwise appeared in a company of Impact’s size.

He squeezed out every last dollar of whatever budget he was given.  I know that no one person is ever bigger than their team/company but this is one of the worst possible decisions they could have made. Leave the wrestling division alone.

I’m happy to withdraw my comment if it ever comes to light that D’Amore has done something he shouldn’t have, but on the face of it they’ve decimated talent morale and thrown the company into turmoil at a pivotal time.  And for what exactly?

• Paid Members

It seems a dismal decision, which is something I seem to have said more this last few weeks about wrestling than usual.

D'Amore steadied the ship, got a lot of goodwill back and has a very astute wrestling brain. All they've done here is save some cash having one president do more than one job with absolutely no background in wrestling. D'Amore knew how to find talent, is this where the pool starts to run a little dry again straight away?

Very bad look imo, and can't imagine many of the boys being behind this. Scott is passionate as hell, that promo he cut about TNA being back, and now this, and so suddenly..

Seems like a load of business bullshit at its finest. Scott made some great decisions for iMPACT on a small budget, then they regained interest by reverting back to 'TNA', and I have been enjoying it and fully behind it. Not sure I'm interested at all too much without Scott being there.

• Paid Members

It will be interesting to see what happens. I reckon he’s been able to keep hold of a lot of the talent because of him. Even when other companies are knocking on the door, bigger money on the table, they stayed because of the vibe. I can potentially see a lot of ship jumping in the next year unless they are able to maintain the good times.

• Paid Members

Worth reminding that as well as recent involvement, D’Amore was head of the booking team for a lot of TNAs peak years 2005-07 before Russo stuck his beak in. He’s a guy you want on your team. Madness.

39 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Worth reminding that as well as recent involvement, D’Amore was head of the booking team for a lot of TNAs peak years 2005-07 before Russo stuck his beak in. He’s a guy you want on your team. Madness.

Yeah I love 2002-2010 TNA Scott was a big part of my love for the company Beit as the leader of team Canada (04 Petey Williams rules) or in creative I was diggin the company again I reckon we will see changes for better  or worse in the next six to 8 months with talent leaving or just the shape of the company moving forward.

• Paid Members

So from various outlets it appears the reason he was fired was because Anthem refused to increase the budget for TNA and actually wanted to decrease it, and the two sides couldn't come to an agreement so they sacked him.

Wherever he ends up I am sure he will do great things.

• Paid Members

Meltzer's coverage of Impact/TNA has been pretty woeful so I'm not sure I'd be trusting Meltzer's reports given he's spent the last few years giving them as little attention as possible.

Pwinsider has long had high ranking sources in the company and are usually very accurate.