westlondonmist Posted February 7, 2024 Posted February 7, 2024 17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I mean, you have heard what’s been going on at WWE right? The joke doesn’t really work considering the reputation of most wrestling companies nowadays Yes, I am aware, I don't live under a rock. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted February 7, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 7, 2024 (edited) Sorry, double post Edited February 7, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted February 7, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 7, 2024 Considering their budget, there is no doubt whatsoever that D’Amore was able to bring in wrestlers that would never have otherwise appeared in a company of Impact’s size. He squeezed out every last dollar of whatever budget he was given. I know that no one person is ever bigger than their team/company but this is one of the worst possible decisions they could have made. Leave the wrestling division alone. I’m happy to withdraw my comment if it ever comes to light that D’Amore has done something he shouldn’t have, but on the face of it they’ve decimated talent morale and thrown the company into turmoil at a pivotal time. And for what exactly? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 7, 2024 Posted February 7, 2024 33 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Yes, I am aware, I don't live under a rock. Unlike poor Cody Rhodes. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted February 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 7, 2024 It seems a dismal decision, which is something I seem to have said more this last few weeks about wrestling than usual. D'Amore steadied the ship, got a lot of goodwill back and has a very astute wrestling brain. All they've done here is save some cash having one president do more than one job with absolutely no background in wrestling. D'Amore knew how to find talent, is this where the pool starts to run a little dry again straight away? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 7, 2024 Posted February 7, 2024 Seems to be a LOT of talent showing their support for the guy. Completely odd decision if there's nothing dodgy to get rid of the guy completely. Wouldn't you just move him into another role? Quote
NeverYield Posted February 7, 2024 Posted February 7, 2024 Very bad look imo, and can't imagine many of the boys being behind this. Scott is passionate as hell, that promo he cut about TNA being back, and now this, and so suddenly.. Seems like a load of business bullshit at its finest. Scott made some great decisions for iMPACT on a small budget, then they regained interest by reverting back to 'TNA', and I have been enjoying it and fully behind it. Not sure I'm interested at all too much without Scott being there. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted February 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 7, 2024 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: So who we betting on taking over? Double J? Hogoff? Vince Russo??? His replacement’s already been announced and put in the role: Anthony Cicione. Quote
Loki Posted February 7, 2024 Posted February 7, 2024 Preview of the reveal of TNA's new General Manager Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 7, 2024 It will be interesting to see what happens. I reckon he’s been able to keep hold of a lot of the talent because of him. Even when other companies are knocking on the door, bigger money on the table, they stayed because of the vibe. I can potentially see a lot of ship jumping in the next year unless they are able to maintain the good times. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 Worth reminding that as well as recent involvement, D’Amore was head of the booking team for a lot of TNAs peak years 2005-07 before Russo stuck his beak in. He’s a guy you want on your team. Madness. Quote
kidzero Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 39 minutes ago, air_raid said: Worth reminding that as well as recent involvement, D’Amore was head of the booking team for a lot of TNAs peak years 2005-07 before Russo stuck his beak in. He’s a guy you want on your team. Madness. Yeah I love 2002-2010 TNA Scott was a big part of my love for the company Beit as the leader of team Canada (04 Petey Williams rules) or in creative I was diggin the company again I reckon we will see changes for better or worse in the next six to 8 months with talent leaving or just the shape of the company moving forward. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 So from various outlets it appears the reason he was fired was because Anthem refused to increase the budget for TNA and actually wanted to decrease it, and the two sides couldn't come to an agreement so they sacked him. Wherever he ends up I am sure he will do great things. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted February 8, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 Meltzer's coverage of Impact/TNA has been pretty woeful so I'm not sure I'd be trusting Meltzer's reports given he's spent the last few years giving them as little attention as possible. Pwinsider has long had high ranking sources in the company and are usually very accurate. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.