TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members

I liked the six-sided ring. From an aesthetic standpoint it looked really good and made TNA stand out as an alternative. I don't know if it ever really affected the standard of matches one way or another but simple optics have always gone a long way in wrestling and, from that POV, it was one of the few things I always thought TNA deserved actual credit for. They should go back to it. Again.

Whilst the promotion is on an uptick and wish it all the best, I think the new TNA titles are an absolute abomination, over styled and trying to be too busy which sounds like TNA at various points.

They've got to have spent at least £150,000 over the span of their operations on belts, much to a huge waste. They'll probably change them within 2/3 years at the rate they go.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Rule One said:

They've got to have spent at least £150,000 over the span of their operations on belts, much to a huge waste. 

I imagine they got at least some of that back when Double J moved into his GFW : A Flair For The Cash My Gold enterprise.

It's early days but so far what TNA has turned out has been positive. Well worth keeping an eye on imo. They haven't been close to their 06-07 days for a very long time, but even as iMPACT wrestling I found it a very decent show, even amongst all the options wrestling fans have again at the moment. 

I'm hoping it does really well, and I think it will. Competition is healthy, in any shape or form.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Rule One said:

Whilst the promotion is on an uptick and wish it all the best, I think the new TNA titles are an absolute abomination, over styled and trying to be too busy which sounds like TNA at various points.

They've got to have spent at least £150,000 over the span of their operations on belts, much to a huge waste. They'll probably change them within 2/3 years at the rate they go.

I think they’re great tbh! Much better than the cheap looking ones they had before.

11 hours ago, no user name said:

To be fair he was given a chance in aew. He just never seemed to have anything about him that made him interesting. 

He was great as the Chair Pervert and Acountabilibuddy.

Alexander vs Ospreay was fucking awesome. I know a lot of people have issues with that style of match but, when done right, there's very little better for me.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:46 AM, no user name said:

To be fair he was given a chance in aew. He just never seemed to have anything about him that made him interesting. 

I couldn’t disagree more - I think he made the most of every opportunity he was given. His feud with Cody was brilliant, and he was loads of fun in The Pinnacle. For whatever reason, he didn’t get much of a chance after that, but I think he proved his value. I’ve no doubt that TNA would find a way to maximise his value.

• Paid Members

Spears had a decent run as a henchman to a hot top heel. He was great in the role and main evented the first "post-pandemic" PPV. Could they have done more with him? Almost certainly but he has nothing to be ashamed about from that run. He understood his assignment and delivered.

• Paid Members

The Chairman, the “good hand” feud and him being Wardlow’s handler were all great stuff that was better than any time he shouted 10 in the WWE. 
One of the biggest victims of “we have stars now we don’t need you any more” the company had. Look at what he accomplished in AEW and also look at his wife and kids outside of it and I’m sure he has no complaints.

I’m really trying to stick with it but there’s nothing really going on. It’s not a bad show necessarily but I have nothing I’m interested in. The champion is just there too with no real threats to his gold yet. I feel these two shows since Hard to Kill have sort of been “look we have Ospreay and Okada, tune in” with nothing to make me come back.

They also need to deal with the issue of putting similar characters on one after the other. That little spell of Crazzy Steve, Decay then Killer Kelly all felt like they were very similar. Split them out through the show.